Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Coffee maker

Re: Another Coffee maker

hehe.. these threads are like oil threads... everybody has a their own opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    hehe.. these threads are like oil threads... everybody has a their own opinion!
    Yup, and you have to have the right grind of coffee also, roflmao
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Quote Originally Posted by BeemMeUp View Post
    Yup, and you have to have the right grind of coffee also, roflmao
    Coffee is very important, of course it has to be just the right kind of beans and ground just so!
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Wink Re: Another Coffee maker

Quote Originally Posted by privateer View Post
    Coffee is very important, of course it has to be just the right kind of beans and ground just so!
    Don't forget the proper roast...wait what about filters!?!...bleached or natural?? And what mug do you use..paper, ceramic, stainless steel...so many questions and choices!!
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

Quote Originally Posted by wingpilot96 View Post
    Don't forget the proper roast...wait what about filters!?!...bleached or natural?? And what mug do you use..paper, ceramic, stainless steel...so many questions and choices!!
    Exactly so! You simply must use natural weave filters that are biodegradable and compost-certified, its the eco thing to do. And one cannot drink coffee unless it is in a ceramic or china cup, everything else lends an unwanted taste to it.

So says my coffee snob friend, a Brit and a proper sort of fellow.

On top of all that is the different ways we all take our coffee. I like strong Swiss Orange Chocolate flavor from a specialty shop her in Lincoln with three scoops of Ovaltine in it. My wife only wants bitter/dark with Italian sweet cream. I can percolate it or use my Jetboil French press to get the cup I desire when at home or camping. So I'm not sure if there is a "right way", only the "right way" for me. My camping buddies give me the garbage about my fancy coffee, but don't complain when I offer a them a cup.
    ST1300, tent, coffee... check lets hit the road

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

I bought a Snow Peak titanium press a few months back so I could heat the water in it, then spoon in the coffee and press it. I'm sure I'm not doing it right either, but it works for me.

Oh by the way, what fancy bottled water is supposed to be used?
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by wihardy View Post
    OI can percolate it or use my Jetboil French press to get the cup I desire when at home or camping.
    Never had much success with the JetBoil French Press Kit...but it does boil water quickly!! Man...I need to get out and do some camping!!!!

(Threadstarter)

From 1864 to the present --

Arbuckles’ Coffee began in the post Civil War Era of the 19th Century. Two brothers, John and Charles Arbuckle, initiated a new concept in the coffee industry; selling roasted coffee in one pound packages. Until that time, coffee was sold green and had to be roasted in a skillet over a fire or in a wood stove. You can imagine the inconsistency of the coffee. One burned bean ruined the whole batch. The Arbuckle Brothers were able to roast a coffee that was of consistently fine quality and the first to be packaged in one pound bags.

Needless to say, Arbuckles’ Coffee caught on like wild fire. It was soon shipped around the United States and became a favorite in the Old West. In fact, Arbuckles’ Ariosa Blend became so popular in the Old West that most cowboys didn't even know that there was any other. Arbuckles’ Coffee was prominent in such infamous cow towns as Dodge City and Tombstone. To many of the older cowboys, Arbuckles’ Ariosa Blend is still known as the Original Cowboy Coffee.

http://www.arbucklecoffee.com/

This is dang fine coffee when you can get it on sale. Always try to have some on hand when we BBQ and sit around the fire pit in the back yard. It perks up real nice.
    Honda Goldwing
    '04 Titanium ABS Double Darksider
    Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
    IBA, NRA, Elks, Free Gazer, and a couple others

Quote Originally Posted by Clamper View Post
    From 1864 to the present --

Arbuckles’ Coffee began in the post Civil War Era of the 19th Century. Two brothers, John and Charles Arbuckle, initiated a new concept in the coffee industry; selling roasted coffee in one pound packages. Until that time, coffee was sold green and had to be roasted in a skillet over a fire or in a wood stove. You can imagine the inconsistency of the coffee. One burned bean ruined the whole batch. The Arbuckle Brothers were able to roast a coffee that was of consistently fine quality and the first to be packaged in one pound bags.

Needless to say, Arbuckles’ Coffee caught on like wild fire. It was soon shipped around the United States and became a favorite in the Old West. In fact, Arbuckles’ Ariosa Blend became so popular in the Old West that most cowboys didn't even know that there was any other. Arbuckles’ Coffee was prominent in such infamous cow towns as Dodge City and Tombstone. To many of the older cowboys, Arbuckles’ Ariosa Blend is still known as the Original Cowboy Coffee.

http://www.arbucklecoffee.com/

This is dang fine coffee when you can get it on sale. Always try to have some on hand when we BBQ and sit around the fire pit in the back yard. It perks up real nice.
    This is great coffee! These days, though, it has many equals, and some betters.