Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Coffee maker

Another Coffee maker

All you have to do fill the MyJo reservoir with hot water from a tea kettle or place it in the microwave. Then drop a single serve pack of coffee, like those used in Keurig K-Cup Brewers, in the base. Place the assembled coffee maker on top of your favorite coffee mug or cup and pump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7p6...layer_embedded
    Honda Goldwing
    '04 Titanium ABS Double Darksider
    Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
    IBA, NRA, Elks, Free Gazer, and a couple others

Re: Another Coffee maker

I used a more compact version, and found it best to just let the water run down through the k-cup by gravity alone. Tastes better. Used this on my coast-to-coast last year, will use it again.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

I use a refillable k-cup and grind beans with a hand grinder as needed. Course grind works best with the wire mesh of the refillable k-cup.

Also, a standard refillable k-cup won't fit, I had to buy one from the company that makes the unit, which has a thinner lid. Otherwise it won't close.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

AeroPress just throw away the grinds if you have the steel mesh filter!

http://www.aerobie.com/product/aeropress/

2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

BeemMeUp brought this up in another thread I think it was, How do you make Coffee? I have bought and tried many coffee makers for camping off the bike. The MyJo is without a doubt the best I have found so far. If I had em I could have sold many at the last rally I attended. But now I see this Aeropress.....man, will I ever find the perfect cup camping. I need to resist and just be happy with my MoJo
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211

Dang I think I am going to have to toss my old camp percolator the trash and get up speed with these new fangled methods. They look great
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

I've had my Aeropress for a couple of years after reading about it here. I use it every day at home and it packs small for the road. I like the coffee but I think I use more coffee than something like a Mister Coffee uses. Lots of coffee, short contact time, low oil and acid coffee. MMM. I had never seen it made as the video showed, i.e. upside down. I just put the filter in, set on my cup, fill container half full of hot water, wait 10-15 seconds and plunge. Gives me half a cup for espresso or add water for regular coffee.
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by wrchael414 View Post
    I've had my Aeropress for a couple of years after reading about it here. I use it every day at home and it packs small for the road. I like the coffee but I think I use more coffee than something like a Mister Coffee uses. Lots of coffee, short contact time, low oil and acid coffee. MMM. I had never seen it made as the video showed, i.e. upside down. I just put the filter in, set on my cup, fill container half full of hot water, wait 10-15 seconds and plunge. Gives me half a cup for espresso or add water for regular coffee.
    I use just enough coffee to fill the k-cup, and let it gravity feed. Makes a better cup of coffee than plunging in my experience.

Good trick I learned 4 decades ago at a late season deer camp in the Sierra Nevada mountains, is to put a few grains of salt in with the coffee grounds. It neutralizes the acids nicely. We used a pinch because it was a full camp pot and would often just have another spoon of grounds thrown in it and more water while on the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Traveler View Post
    BeemMeUp brought this up in another thread I think it was, How do you make Coffee? I have bought and tried many coffee makers for camping off the bike. The MyJo is without a doubt the best I have found so far. If I had em I could have sold many at the last rally I attended. But now I see this Aeropress.....man, will I ever find the perfect cup camping. I need to resist and just be happy with my MoJo
    I still like pour over coffee (funnel with a filter). I like the MyJo for it's convenience when pulling over for a quick cup of coffee.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Quote Originally Posted by wrchael414 View Post
    I do the "upside down" thing with my AeroPress, whereas my wife uses the traditional method. Both make a good cup of coffee...only difference I see is that with the upside down method, you don't have any dripping thru the filter for the 10-20 seconds that you steep the coffee. We use the AeroPress everyday and you can reuse the filter 2-3 times (if you want to).

Got rid of the Kurig system and previous drip machines. Tried a french press.and years ago we used a Chemex and that was our choice of coffee maker. But then I started drinking darker roast coffees (Italian/French) and they were to strong for her. Almost went back to a Chemex pot! The MoJo does look like a possible good system...but I would have to use the "my coffee" thingy and stay away from Kurig pods (too costly)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffeemakers_image_1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	344.6 KB 
ID:	18091

http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/

For Camping..for a while we used a french press..then changed to Starbucks VIA packs, but now we use the AeroPress...may buy a second one just so I don't have to unpack it from the trailer!!

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

I like the Aero press, but my favorite go to is the Melita Coffee maker. It costs 3.00 for the cone, you could use a dollar store funnel as well, but if you watch this video you will see just how easy it is to brew a perfect cup of coffee.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter