Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 190 of 190

Thread: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

  1. #181

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    Just read it all again..loved every minute of it !!

  2. #182
    SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    El paso TX
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    WOW I went through this 5 times and drooled wanted to ride north again. I am counting down 4 more years my 62nd birthday and off we go. Thank you for the photos and details

    2017 HD Tri Glide/ 2010 Timeout
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

  3. #183
    #%@*, it's raining again!
    (Threadstarter)
    Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,294

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean28h View Post
    WOW I went through this 5 times and drooled wanted to ride north again. I am counting down 4 more years my 62nd birthday and off we go. Thank you for the photos and details
    Glad you liked it buddy, I'm already thinking about going back myself in a few years!
    Steve

    2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

  4. #184
    moodygne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Port Charlotte Florida/Bentleyville, Pa
    Age
    72
    Posts
    5,012

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Glad you liked it buddy, I'm already thinking about going back myself in a few years!

    I am telling Lajuana. YOUR IN TROUBLE. Your told on.
    Gene

    Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

  5. #185

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    Amazing thread. Thanks to the OP for this.

    I have ridden all over the US and into Ontario, but never ventured to Alaska. I had heard how tough the AlCan Highway could be, and the distance just put me off considering my base of Ops during all this time was Florida. The final stretch from Washington State up through Canada to Alaska just seemed too much to me, even 20 years ago. But I would have loved to go! I've also missed moto riding in Montana, Minnesota and other parts of the upper Midwest. Not by choice, I just didn't get to those areas - BY BIKE. I've driven through all those states via 4 wheels.

    Again, great thread. Loved reading it.

    Aloha!
    -3Sport
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

    "He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

  6. #186

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    What great coverage u did! I did AK solo in '11 and '12 from Michigan. I just found ur story last night and will go thru again..did u do Top of the World Highway? didn't do Prudhoe...so cool u covered that so well...I thoroughly enjoyed this...awesome u shared~

  7. #187
    #%@*, it's raining again!
    (Threadstarter)
    Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,294

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    Quote Originally Posted by weez83 View Post
    What great coverage u did! I did AK solo in '11 and '12 from Michigan. I just found ur story last night and will go thru again..did u do Top of the World Highway? didn't do Prudhoe...so cool u covered that so well...I thoroughly enjoyed this...awesome u shared~
    We didn't get to do Top of the World, we ran out of time. I'm hoping to do it next time I ride up. Glad you enjoyed it, my writing skills aren't the best!

  8. #188

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    Thanks for posting this, I just read the whole thread. I'm planning on riding to Alaska in 2020 on a reverse triked Goldwing.
    2010 GL1800 Endeavor Reverse Trike, Leesure Lite Excel camper.

  9. #189
    #%@*, it's raining again!
    (Threadstarter)
    Ironheadziggy76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belton, Kentucky
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,294

    Re: Alaska 2015, how I spent my summer............

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooch2 View Post
    Thanks for posting this, I just read the whole thread. I'm planning on riding to Alaska in 2020 on a reverse triked Goldwing.
    You're welcome! Bud and I are planning to head back up in 2020 if nothing changes our plans!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •