2nd Annual Missouri Campfire 23-25 Sept 2016

Missouri Campfire
    Meet & Greet Weekend
    23, 24 & 25 September 2016 (Fri-Sun)

Where: Bass River Resort
    Steelville, MO
    http://bassresort.com/#

RSVP

The 2nd annual Missouri Campfire meet and greet weekend is scheduled for the last weekend in September. Family and friends welcome . . . the more the merrier.

This event will have no scheduled rides, but a couple routes and destinations will be provided.

This year, for something different, and weather permitting, we’re going to coordinate a float trip. This is pretty much what the resort is known for and, because our scheduled date is late in the season, we won’t have to battle crowds. Prior reservations won’t be necessary, and those interested can sign up once there.

At the first Campfire we did a great breakfast Saturday morning which was such a hit, we’re going to do it again.

The resort offers canoeing, rafting, and horseback rides; please check with the resort for information and pricing.

If restaurants are your thing, or you just need a break from the cookstoves, Steelville and Cuba are just a few miles up the road.

Currently we have reserved 2 electric sites (583 & 585), and 1 non-electric for the evening fire. The two elec sites are probably the best in the camping area, but it's a couple minutes walk to the restrooms/showers. Each site is large, flat, and will easily accommodate 4 or 5 tents/campers (prices are per person rate, not per site). The owner has no problem with us fitting as many on one site as will fit, so we can congregate in as few, or as many sites as we like or need.
    If the reserved sites don't fit your style or you prefer to spread out, there's plenty to choose from.

There's also cabins available in case that’s your preferred accommodation. (If interested, recommend checking with Ken [KAR650] -- he and his family stayed in one last time).

Reservations are in my name, but if you mention “Motocampers”, they’ll get you squared away.

2015 Rates (2016 prices have not yet been establish. I’ll update these once I have that information):
    - Camping is $11.71/per person (tax included)
    Electric sites are an additional $12.78/per night/per site. Those that want electricity or want to be on the elec sites can split the extra cost. (Check in time for camp sites is 3 PM. You can check in earlier, but they’ll charge you an extra $3).
    Cabins are also available ($79 p/night [2 people] $84.12 with tax). Additional occupants will cost more. Check website for details.

Campground and facilities are well maintained. Restrooms and showers are located at the registration building (approximately 250 yards away). Showers will cost you 50 cents so you’ll need some quarters.

Firewood is available from the resort store or one of the roadside sellers. You can bring your own as long as it's from Missouri. (I may or may not supply it again this time; have to wait on that decision.)

Be aware that some of Bass River Resort events such as BBQs and Buffets will not be available, as they discontinue these activities after Labor Day. The store will be open and does have food, beverages, clothing, and souvenirs.

Driving directions are provided on their website. If coming in on I-44, take exit 208 (Cuba exit). South on MO-19 for (7.7 miles) to Steelville. Take MO-8 east thru Steelville (10.5 miles) to Butts Rd. Left on Butts Rd for 1.5 miles to Bass River Resort.

Hope to see you there. RSVP
    Last edited by Trailace; 12-09-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Re: 2nd Annual Missouri Campfire 23-25 Sept 2016

Bring your sun glasses and sun screen for the bathroom 1,000 watt lights! ������
    Great overview Randy and great camp out to add on your calendar.

Beverly and I really enjoyed it this year and we will try to make it next year if my old body will hold together.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

I might just be able to make this one Randy, as I'll be over in Clinton, IL the weekend before this event. Time will tell
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Nice write up Randy! There is also pretty good Trout fishing about 30 min. away if that's of interest to you. We had a great first year turn out and hope more can join us in 2016. I plan to help out with breakfast again next year.

See you there.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

I'm in. I've been waiting for this to show up. very well organized and fun time.

Richard

Added the RSVP to first post.
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Thanks Rick
    Now we're official.

I'm ready for number 2! Great time!
    Mike
    09 VN 900 Classic LT

We should be there, no problem!
    2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
    ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
    The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!