Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackwater Falls State Park,WV campout 2016

Blackwater Falls State Park,WV campout 2016

After much checking and figuring on my expenses I have decided to post a campout for this park for Sept.30, Oct.1 and Oct.2 2016...it has all we need to make a great campout! AND some have been here before...I will be in touch with the park in the new year to book a cabin likely for me and my 2 dogs to stay in..if not a tent site. (Reservations are made in the new year).Anyone that wants to join us is welcome. There are seniors and veterans discounts of 10% and extra discounts for in state peeps...pets are welcome on leashes of course and there is a $50.00 charge per pet (I think it is refundable in part if u do your part to take care..) with a daily charge also..I LOVE my dogs and they will always camp with me sooo I will have to pay the fee..they have a restaurant and lodge if u want to use them.. Further info next year regarding cabin site booking and maybe we can use it for party central! (I loved the Summersville place but for this time I felt saving money is important so I am going to book this which is closer for me..)

I have a friend from the Aero forum who lives in Thomas,WV now and has opened a saloon with food,along the highway.. I told Gary some of us would stop there..he also rides and may be able to guide us on a ride..he also has had a riding school so he is familiar with safe riding practices..I will be using a rental vehicle and maybe it is just as well,given my last decade of injuries...so I will be the caboose on the bike train! HAHA!! I have done this before..

Go to the page to check details and book separately..I may have room in the cabin if some wish to share with me and 2 silly dogs..I am a non-smoker and expect smokers to respect and keep it outside.. www.blackwaterfalls.com Hope to see some of you there!

RSVP
    Last edited by Trailace; 01-02-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Re: Blackwater Falls State Park,WV campout 2016

I have it marked on my calendar just in case the family function that is conflicting cancels. With it being a year out...plans can change.
    Deb

2003 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

(Threadstarter)

Yep and mine have changed many times throughout the last few years! HAHA!! I do so want to go to a mountainous area and this is not as far as some areas..I have not been to this state yet either so it will be an adventure! I might trey ziplining and they have it in this state..I ALSO chose these dates as there will likely be some colour down there at that time and I would like to see some..good firepit weather too!

In my opinion, you can't beat Blackwater Falls State Park. I think everyone loves West Virginia for riding. The ride to W.V. from every direction is a great ride.....It's on my calendar!!

Danny
    RIDE TO LIVE !

(Threadstarter)

I love the fall and the smell of the trees, the air, the firepits, the kayaking..yep I am bringing our tandem and the kids LOVE kayaking!...U guys know I mean my dogs right?HAHA!!

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

I doubt very much that the leaves will have started to change down there at that time, Linda. Too early
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

(Threadstarter)

There won't be dramatic colour but some will be changing..I can't change my vaca dates and had to wait til now to find out about them. I may be using my float days for the next week..nit an easy year again as the week off will be unpaid.. they give u your earned vaca but because I have missed so much time at work this year, 2 of the 3 weeks that I took will be unpaid and I didn't even put in for the other week,also unpaid..no point but at least I get the time off..there is a tree on my street that is still all green and my japanese maple is just starting to change now,which is late for it.

(Threadstarter)

I also chose these dates for the campout as the weekend before, there is an annual Leaf Peeper's Festival in that area,from Sept 23-25th,(they have a facebook page by the same title..check it out!) packed with events and likely peeps and maybe a lack of camping opportunities..if anyone wants to arrive early for our campout, the weekend before will be great for u to experience if u like crowds, local food fare, fun events again packed with peeps..Retirees might love this festival but I only have so much time and want some colour but less traffic...just thought I would let u guys know about the festival so u can turn this into a 2 week thing if choosing! Lots of future info to add to this thread..looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by trikerdan View Post
    In my opinion, you can't beat Blackwater Falls State Park. I think everyone loves West Virginia for riding. The ride to W.V. from every direction is a great ride.....It's on my calendar!!

Danny
    We'll add it to ours as well. Maybe we could meet up you guys somewhere along the way and ride up. There are so many different ways to go. Last year after we left BWF we came down US 33 to WV 28 then WV 92 down thru Greenbank & White Sulphur Springs. Nice well maintained 2 lane road down thru the national forest, nice relaxing ride. About the only other way to get there for us is to go up US 219 or 220, we've traveled both, nice rides just more traffic along the way. Although Maggie might want to keep the tradition alive and stop to eat at cafe in Monterey,VA which is on 220. We've stopped there the last two years, she even signed her name on this wall they have
    Meach and Maggie

05 vtx1300
    RIP 07 RS Venture

(Threadstarter)

I have never been to WV.,....just a gut feeling this is the best place to base camp... I love waterfalls! When I went to Maine the last time. friends from vermont area took me on a waterfall ride thru the Kanc, a few Notches, did 2 hairpin turns and lived.. never done them before! HAHA!! Down the smuggler's Notch, it was a trip to die for! I will never forget it! I hope this 1 is just as awesome! I may base myself there for 4 days and do the southern are if I feel I have enough moolah...really wanna do the zipline!..maybe on my own.. I can see it now.. A bunch of leather clads zipping down a mountainside doing the Cowabunga call! HAHA!!...