Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

  1. #11
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    Looks like you coulda got taller 'shelves' for that LL, although I guess that leaves several inches on top that you could put some folding chairs/tables that kind of thing on. Ever since I saw my first post on here where someone had done the stackable drawers in an LL I've thought about that. I LOVE stuff that does 'double duty' and having a dresser once you stack them is just such a nice advantage.
    I have just a "hair" under 3 inches left on the top of the drawers. That is where the soft items like our Synmats, pillows, blankets, and such will go. The next size up with about 1/4 of an inch too tall

    When we are both traveling I can actually stack them 2 and 3 to give us both dresser type space to sit stuff on. My next project is to figure how I am going to come up with a method for hanging up jackets and such.
    Deb

    2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

  2. #12

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    My next project is to figure how I am going to come up with a method for hanging up jackets and such.
    Here is something that might work
    http://www.formufit.com/pvc-clothing-rack/

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pvc_clothing_rack.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	16866
    Gene
    1996 GL1500 SE, 2003 Aspen. 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic
    Life Is What You Make Of It; Please Make It Fun It Doesn’t Last Long.


  3. #13
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead61 View Post
    Here is something that might work
    http://www.formufit.com/pvc-clothing-rack/

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pvc_clothing_rack.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	16866
    Thanks...that would be a plan B since I don't want to carry it I am hoping to figure out a way to attach a couple of hook type things to the existing tent supports inside.

  4. #14

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Where is your mattress?

  5. #15

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Hmm, I saw someone back a ways that had made up a piece of PVC with a shock cord running through it.. Went from one side to the other and they used it with coat hangers over the bed or some such. Anyways, you are certainly on-track in my mind. If I was going to be doing any extended ride-camping I think the LL is the best of the best out there. Only thing I was a bit leery of was the 'bed', I know the stock mattress wasn't going to cut it for me, so I was looking at either a single or a double self-inflating matt of at least 3" loft that would work. Seen where some guys just deflate an air bed and leave it with bedding on it... they just stack their stuff on top. I"m pretty sure my pipes would still be ticking by the time I was in bed and asleep with something like that.

  6. #16
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Quote Originally Posted by george james View Post
    Where is your mattress?
    It is the yellow things stuffed between the shelves on the deck area. I have the manufacture's mattress put into storage. We did not it to be near as comfortable as our Synmat 9 are so we will use those instead of the heavy, bulky foam mattress. Oh yeah, the yellow is a sheet that Susan cut up and made a cover for my Synmat out of so I would not have to sleep directly on it....all the comforts of home

  7. #17
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    Hmm, I saw someone back a ways that had made up a piece of PVC with a shock cord running through it.. Went from one side to the other and they used it with coat hangers over the bed or some such. Anyways, you are certainly on-track in my mind. If I was going to be doing any extended ride-camping I think the LL is the best of the best out there. Only thing I was a bit leery of was the 'bed', I know the stock mattress wasn't going to cut it for me, so I was looking at either a single or a double self-inflating matt of at least 3" loft that would work. Seen where some guys just deflate an air bed and leave it with bedding on it... they just stack their stuff on top. I"m pretty sure my pipes would still be ticking by the time I was in bed and asleep with something like that.
    I agree about the bed. 1 night on the manufactures foam mattress was enough to make both of us say no thank you! I had brought our sleeping pad with us so the next night they went on top of the foam and that worked well for both of us but I wanted to eliminate the foam all together. I pulled the foam and let Susan use my Synmat (she had a different pad). That worked perfect for her and I already know it worked for me. Next thing I see is a package arriving from Amazon with a new Synmat in it BTW, be both like the Synmat 9 LW...we don't need the L but the Wide is great.

  8. #18

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Thanks...that would be a plan B since I don't want to carry it I am hoping to figure out a way to attach a couple of hook type things to the existing tent supports inside.
    I don't know how the tent supports are in the LL. Could you maybe use some shower curtain hooks?

  9. #19
    (Threadstarter)
    dkurfiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,016

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Quote Originally Posted by Nette View Post
    I don't know how the tent supports are in the LL. Could you maybe use some shower curtain hooks?
    Well it would be a bit difficult as the vertical supports are all angled with the tubes that are horizontal across the top being inside sleeves. I am playing with an idea to attach something to the top of the vertical just before it enters the sleeves that will give me a couple of hooks. I don't need much more than a place to hang a few items. If that does not work I am going to make a PVC short stand that will go between the shelving and the angled vertical at the end with a couple of things sticking out to hang stuff on.

    I don't want much as most of the time I won't use it at all. Most of my camping right now is 1 or 2 nights then move on which means I don't carry or need a lot. What I need it for is when Susan is along. It seems a lot of "stuff" gets just dropped in the corner then ends up in the way. In all fairness when she is not with me, I have 1/2 the bed area and can place stuff there so it's really not her that is creating the issue but rather a lack of area to organize in.

  10. #20

    Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Well it would be a bit difficult as the vertical supports are all angled with the tubes that are horizontal across the top being inside sleeves. I am playing with an idea to attach something to the top of the vertical just before it enters the sleeves that will give me a couple of hooks. I don't need much more than a place to hang a few items. If that does not work I am going to make a PVC short stand that will go between the shelving and the angled vertical at the end with a couple of things sticking out to hang stuff on.

    I don't want much as most of the time I won't use it at all. Most of my camping right now is 1 or 2 nights then move on which means I don't carry or need a lot. What I need it for is when Susan is along. It seems a lot of "stuff" gets just dropped in the corner then ends up in the way. In all fairness when she is not with me, I have 1/2 the bed area and can place stuff there so it's really not her that is creating the issue but rather a lack of area to organize in.
    On my LL I drilled a hole in the support poles closest or the doors just about in line with the tipoff the zippers. I put an S hook in each hole and have an aluminum pipe running between the S hooks that attaches to the hooks which are already attached to the subplot poles. We hang our full riding suits on this plus throw towels etc over it. Never an issue with strength or the poles sagging

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •