Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

I borrowed a few ideas from here to do my LL load. Went to Wally World and got some stacking drawers. 5 of them will fit in the area with room for the food (Ammo Cans) boxes, our SynMat 9's (we are storing the foam mattress as it was not as comfortable as the Synmats are), an electric blanket, pillows, and down quilts to go on top of them all.

We are using 1 drawer for cooking items, 2 drawers for misc items (cords, Axe, lights, heater, fan, etc) and 1 for each of us for clothing. When stacked in the floor they make a nice dresser and place for the fan to blow over us.

Front storage is used for set up items, coffee makings, our crocs/sneakers, a milk carton (for me stand on), and our cooler.

Top area is used for items that might be wet or dirty such as tarps, poles, table, chairs, dining canopy.

Now that it is all organized I must admit there is just as much room on this camper as there was my MM. I can't wait to spend more time in it. Susan and I are both hoping we can do the PA campout next month.

And this is what it looks like. If you have suggestions I would love to hear them.

1st pic is of front box loaded
    2nd pic is of items on top loaded
    3rd pic is of all the items loaded on top
    4th pic is of drawers stacked but picture is sideways and I can't seem to turn it so just turn your head
    5th pic is of everything loaded into the storage area of the camper. Only thing missing is our down quilts and 1 Synmat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	475.3 KB 
ID:	16831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	471.1 KB 
ID:	16832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	469.6 KB 
ID:	16833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL4.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	489.1 KB 
ID:	16834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL5.jpg 
Size:	479.5 KB 
ID:	16835
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Re: Lee Sure Lite Load out for 2 of us

Looks like you have a packing system that works now, Deb!

Only thing I can suggest is to ditch those 2 huge wheel chocks in the front storage box and pick up a pair of compact folding ones!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Good gracious! That thing holds a lot of stuff! My husband is fussing about the weight in our new Aspen Classic, and believe me, I've had to pare WAY down from what I had in the Aspen Ambassador, and that thing was never even full, and he never complained about the weight. I've been packing and re-packing, getting ready for our trip to PA & NY in a few weeks. We'll be in the same area as the PA campout, just won't be there at the right time. We'll make sure everything is in order before you guys get there.

I love looking at how other folks pack/what they pack. Just nosy that way, I guess.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    Looks like you have a packing system that works now, Deb!

Only thing I can suggest is to ditch those 2 huge wheel chocks in the front storage box and pick up a pair of compact folding ones!
    ]]

Thanks for the suggestion.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Nette View Post
    Good gracious! That thing holds a lot of stuff! My husband is fussing about the weight in our new Aspen Classic, and believe me, I've had to pare WAY down from what I had in the Aspen Ambassador, and that thing was never even full, and he never complained about the weight. I've been packing and re-packing, getting ready for our trip to PA & NY in a few weeks. We'll be in the same area as the PA campout, just won't be there at the right time. We'll make sure everything is in order before you guys get there.

I love looking at how other folks pack/what they pack. Just nosy that way, I guess.
    I do some hiking/camping so much of what I have is very small and light weight. Not ultra light...though my hiking pack which I can live for 4 days out of is under 20 lbs..but I have used many of the hiking items to reduce weight/size. I also go pretty minimal for cooking. If we are going to be some place for an extended period of time I will add in my small pressure cooker and my hot plate (or 2 burner gas stove) just to make cooking easier.

I also do a lot of dehydrating of foods over the year and carry those for camping when I am traveling alone. It saves me tons of space/weight along with keeping me away from the junk food.

Where I find most people take more while I take less is clothing. I only need 1 pair of jeans, 4 shirts, 4 socks, and two sets of under garments to last 7 days. I wear dedicated riding clothing for the motorcycle (mesh pants & Jacket) so I really only use street clothing in the evening or if I stay in camp. I wash out the under garments nightly and they dry over night while my socks take about 2 days to dry so I take more. In hot summer weather I take all microfiber and nylon tops/pants so they pack very small/light verses jeans which are spring/fall/winter wear.

Since the LL does not have brakes I am pretty aware of the weight in place in the trailer. I also leave LOTS of stopping room between me and everything else

Looks like a very efficient way of packing. I really like the drawers.
    Looking forward to seeing your LL, again, at the PA campout.
    My life is a caricature of reality
    David C.
    Suzuki VStrom 650 - Sold, Current Ryde Can Am Spyder STS -" "
    Honda ST1300 - Sold, Suzuki Burgman 400 - RIP

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I borrowed a few ideas from here to do my LL load. Went to Wally World and got some stacking drawers. 5 of them will fit in the area with room for the food (Ammo Cans) boxes, our SynMat 9's (we are storing the foam mattress as it was not as comfortable as the Synmats are), an electric blanket, pillows, and down quilts to go on top of them all.

We are using 1 drawer for cooking items, 2 drawers for misc items (cords, Axe, lights, heater, fan, etc) and 1 for each of us for clothing. When stacked in the floor they make a nice dresser and place for the fan to blow over us.

Front storage is used for set up items, coffee makings, our crocs/sneakers, a milk carton (for me stand on), and our cooler.

Top area is used for items that might be wet or dirty such as tarps, poles, table, chairs, dining canopy.

Now that it is all organized I must admit there is just as much room on this camper as there was my MM. I can't wait to spend more time in it. Susan and I are both hoping we can do the PA campout next month.

And this is what it looks like. If you have suggestions I would love to hear them.

1st pic is of front box loaded
    2nd pic is of items on top loaded
    3rd pic is of all the items loaded on top
    4th pic is of drawers stacked but picture is sideways and I can't seem to turn it so just turn your head
    5th pic is of everything loaded into the storage area of the camper. Only thing missing is our down quilts and 1 Synmat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL1.jpg 
Size:	475.3 KB 
ID:	16831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	471.1 KB 
ID:	16832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	469.6 KB 
ID:	16833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL4.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	489.1 KB 
ID:	16834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL5.jpg 
Size:	479.5 KB 
ID:	16835

Looks good I miss this kind of camping.

2017 HD Tri Glide/ 2010 Timeout
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Looks like a very efficient way of packing. I really like the drawers.
    Looking forward to seeing your LL, again, at the PA campout.
    I am hoping we get to PA but we will have to do the wait and see this time. I will be gone pretty much the entire previous month and not starting home until at least Sunday or Monday Sept 20/21. It is about 900 miles home so it will take me about 3 days travel. That puts me home just in time to turn around a go to PA. Good news is Susan says if I am too tired to ride, she will drive me up in the truck pulling the LL but we will just to see.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean28h View Post
    Looks good I miss this kind of camping.
    Did I not hear some rumblings from you about a new camper in the not too distant future?

Looks like you coulda got taller 'shelves' for that LL, although I guess that leaves several inches on top that you could put some folding chairs/tables that kind of thing on. Ever since I saw my first post on here where someone had done the stackable drawers in an LL I've thought about that. I LOVE stuff that does 'double duty' and having a dresser once you stack them is just such a nice advantage.