Thread: What camper is this?

What camper is this?

Looking at this, I'm about ready to go get it and sell my 06 Aspen Classic. But, don't know anything about it other than the pics and description from the seller.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mpo/5151307299.html

Re: What camper is this?

Built like an Aspen Sentry, but it's not, to many differences. Never heard of this one.

I like that design !! If the ac was positioned differently it'd be perfect !

I own one of these. I purchased 3 yrs ago. Tow with my Yamaha rsv and behind my truck. Have the info. at work. Will post more info tomorrow. Uses old aspen classic tub and a canvas type tent. Nice rig. About 350# empty. Talked to the guy that builds them once. They also manufacture deer stands and hunting blinds. He used to work for and manufacture the tubs for aspen but quit or lost the contract when aspen went to the drop down in the floor below the frame. I don,t know if still in the trailer business but will post the web site and info I have tomorrow. New it was $3000.00 plus $150.00 freight. Came with all the options. AC duct, wrap around trailer cover, inside storage pocket sleeve, add a room, rear light bar. Very good quality. Comparable to others.

Quote Originally Posted by nctourer View Post
    Looking at this, I'm about ready to go get it and sell my 06 Aspen Classic. But, don't know anything about it other than the pics and description from the seller.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mpo/5151307299.html
    Just curious...is there something you don't care for with the Aspen? Looks like a pretty good trailer.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

(Threadstarter)

Good info, thanks shamue. bvail, we love the classic. Since my wife and I got it, our daughter fell in love with it. Recently she asked me to look for her one like ours to pull behind her vehicle, so I was just searching around. I wouldn't mind getting sentry sized camper to pull behind the bike, since I think it's supposed to be a little lighter than the classic? Not sure. Anyhow, I just had a thought that if I found something, I could maybe give her 'family price' (gift) on our classic.

Company name that was selling these is, TOTAL OUTDOOR ADVENTURES.
    Did a quick net search, looks like they pulled the site advertising the trailers.
    They appear to be into Big Game Hunt.
    It is identical to the Sentry. All parts are the same for repair or accessories.
    I'm in the process of adding on to my house and most of my papers are packed in storage, again I will keep looking for more info.
    When I talked to them 3 years ago I don't remember if they said they were going to continue production or just complete the trailers they had belly pans
    in inventory. I know at the time they were selling them more to the compact car and ATV camper than the motorcycle camper. I wasn't even in the market for a tent
    trailer as I love to tent camp and have a nice cargo trailer, but couldn't pass purchasing it when I saw all it came with and the price was really right. Know I could turn it for what I paid or real close. it gets a lot of attention from compact car or truck campers every where I go. Like most of the people that tow behind an MC.

toausa.net was their website. I visited their site numerous times when I was looking around at different models. They looked like a Bunkhouse, but were constructed more like an Aspen with the bows internal. Another one bites the dust it seems.. up on the shelf with Scooter Schooner and Kwik-Kamp I guess.

(Threadstarter)

Well, looks like my daughter has chosen to go with a small self contained instead, so hope somebody gets to jump on this one. Looks like a price drop.

Yes they were suppliers for the tubs and some other parts of the Aspen camper. When Aspen changed their design and quit buying from them, TOA was stuck with a dozen or so tubs etc, so they built a dozen or two campers to use up their inventory.