Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspen Camper Factory Change/Update

Re: Aspen Camper Factory Change/Update

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    I have a 2014 Aspen camper and it only came with one elastic strap for each side. One strap for the width of the camper and one strap for the length of the camper. The latest Aspen campers come with two of the longer elastic straps to be placed on each end/side lengthwise to aid in tucking in the tenting material that hangs over the side. Does your Aspen have two lengthwise straps?

So-- Is the new system 2 lengthwise or 3?
    RIDE TO LIVE !

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    I had ordered a set for my Classic a year or so ago...should have been standard equipment. Simple to install...just a drill, small bit, and a Phillips head.
    Shoulda been, but it wasn't. If you didn't follow packing instructions to the tee, sooner or later damage to the tent, especially screens would result. That and the rough edge of the tub would crap out the tent. So many of us resorted to making our own straps to keep the material in place. I also used the rubber gasket that goes on the edge of garage doors to keep the tent up and away from the edge of the tub.

It is so much easier to stow the tent with the straps and safer for the tent.

I also was the first person (inventor?) of the floor frame made with white pvc pipe to eliminate the need to stake down the tent. Trailmaster added this as an accessory later on.

Trailermaster does read posts on the various motorcycle forums and sometimes that results in a few changes to their products.

They make a good product and us owners can make it better.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Bukwas
    (Threadstarter)

Two.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trikerdan View Post
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Quote Originally Posted by bvail View Post
    Shoulda been, but it wasn't. If you didn't follow packing instructions to the tee, sooner or later damage to the tent, especially screens would result. That and the rough edge of the tub would crap out the tent. So many of us resorted to making our own straps to keep the material in place. I also used the rubber gasket that goes on the edge of garage doors to keep the tent up and away from the edge of the tub.

It is so much easier to stow the tent with the straps and safer for the tent.

I also was the first person (inventor?) of the floor frame made with white pvc pipe to eliminate the need to stake down the tent. Trailmaster added this as an accessory later on.

Trailermaster does read posts on the various motorcycle forums and sometimes that results in a few changes to their products.

They make a good product and us owners can make it better.
    I made the PVC floor frame and I'm thinking I probably used your pattern....copied one I saw on this site that someone had posted...could have been yours. Works well. One meets the smartest folks hanging around these sites.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    I made the PVC floor frame and I'm thinking I probably used your pattern....copied one I saw on this site that someone had posted...could have been yours. Works well. One meets the smartest folks hanging around these sites.
    I posted on my PictureTrail site along with other ideas. One fellow emailed me some pics of his upgrades which are in the album. This was a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by trikerdan View Post
    You can add straps if you wish, like one in the middle lengthwise. Ten bucks each.

I just bought a 50 yard roll of elastic band material and 100 snap clips and made up my own, and a set for Halfling as he mentioned above. I made 2 for each direction. To be honest, it was no cheaper doing it this way, but I like to make things so it was fun for me to do. I never thought I needed those straps till I used them, now I don't know how I lived without them.

So--- Did you keep the middle strap, and put one more on each side for a total of 3 straps lengthwise?

We got our Aspen Classic April 3 of this year. A 2015 and it only has one strap side to side and one end to end. We just got in today from a 6,883.7 mile trip and every time we strapped down I had the thought they should have had more straps. Question is why have some of the older ones had 4 straps and a new one does not???

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytrucker View Post
    We got our Aspen Classic April 3 of this year. A 2015 and it only has one strap side to side and one end to end. We just got in today from a 6,883.7 mile trip and every time we strapped down I had the thought they should have had more straps. Question is why have some of the older ones had 4 straps and a new one does not???
    If some Aspens have four straps, I think they were special ordered by the owner.

I don't recall Trailmaster ever including 4 straps with the Aspen trailers. Mine is a 2006 and I had to fabricate my own hold down straps. I later purchased the Trailmaster straps.

This video was uploaded March 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Yr...F0968C79EB1C67 Two straps.

You can get additional straps via Peggy for around ten bucks each. I have two long straps and one short strap. I had to order them since my 2006 did not come with any straps.