Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coleman 6 person instant tent

Re: Coleman 6 person instant tent

There was (is??) a company that made "foldable tents".........Rep had a Vendor Spot at Barber's Vintage Festival about 6-7 years ago demonstrating them. I believe they only had 1-2-3 man tents at the time. The company name started with a "C" .........but I cannot find it now????
    I gots a face only my mother could love......and she has suggested plastic surgery!!!

burgman650

Catoma tents

As Ken said I did buy one. I have not used it yet. Too many things going on. I also bought a cot XXXl .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cottent 002.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	331.8 KB 
ID:	16481

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cottent 005.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	496.7 KB 
ID:	16482
    Gary

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

I would like to buy a rain fly if I could. Do you know where to buy one?
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by brinckbiker1945 View Post
    I also have a Coleman 6 man instant tent and really like it. I've never had any trouble with water getting in the tent, but I use a rain fly off of an old conventional 11x13 Coleman tent that I had, works great! The tent is easy for me (senior age lady) to put up and take down. You mentioned pulling a small cargo trailer, I do too. Just be sure that the Coleman will fit in it. I believe the attached poles in the Instant Tent are about 48" in length when the tent is closed up. I'm away from home right now or I would go out and measure the poles.

Hey welcome to the forum. Thank you for your input.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by moodygne View Post
    I would like to buy a rain fly if I could. Do you know where to buy one?
    Gary
    A quick Google search and this is what came up http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-6-Pers...n+tent+rainfly

We have had a couple of Colman instant tents (wore out the bottom of the first one). They are great to use, and are really nice when you have to set up IN the rain. Before you know it, its up, and a dry place to stay. We've been in a couple of torrential downpours, and as with a canvas (and most any non-fly'ed tent) just don't touch ( or put something like the mattress) the outside of the tent. Even then its just a little moist. We currently have the 8-person cabin tent.
    2013 BMW K1600 GTL pulling a Home-made Trailer (Jess & Tobi the Border Collie), 2014 HD Street Glide Special (Christine)

Quote Originally Posted by winger77 View Post
    A quick Google search and this is what came up http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-6-Pers...n+tent+rainfly

Mine is different it has a bar across the top, not a pyramid. So it won't work.
    Gary

I have the Coleman 6 man Instant Tent with the rain fly. We have used it for 2 seasons and really love it. It sets up in minutes and take down is just a fast. We have recently added 2 cots which has made it much more comfortable. We have been in torrential rain had a few small leaks, not a show stopper. We have also been in a bad wind storm and had no problems. I pull a HF trailer and the tent fits in there with no problem. Walmart sells a version manufactured by Ozark Trails which is cheaper than the Coleman but it seems to be very good also. 2 buddies have the Ozark Trails version, have been in bad rain and wind, and didn't have any issues.

Coleman 6 person instant tent on sale at Costco this weekend (per email I received)

http://click.online.costco.com/t?r=2&c=89096&l=121&ctl=3E4560:CAFE661C6800BDA7BFD 2937E21F02D50&
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing