Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been thinking long term!!!😃

Tent Been thinking long term!!!😃

Thinking of going to a TRIKE... In a couple of years. Who here thinking of trike? Or did move already to trike? Or back to two wheel and why?
    Do you like the choice of that you made.. What would you do different..
    Thanks in advance!!!! Ride safe what ever ride!!! God bless all !!!!!!
    Happy camping & riding!!!!

Re: Been thinking long term!!!😃

I thought about it even checked into some kits I don't really like some of the looks of trikes (just me) I went side car instead but kept my 2 wheel bike not sure I ever want to give that up after riding my wife's trike few times they might handle a little better than side car and are or seam to be more available I just think for me I like the side car hack the best I can take more stuff including grand kids if your not in a hurry I would look at both including some kits that might be more what you want

wifes trike with truck bed

my side car hack

I have a 2008 Gold Wing trike with a Champion kit. Only thing I regret about it is that it took me so long to move from two wheels to three. I will say that you have to be prepared for the fact that it is not two wheels and rides entirely different. I would do it over again in a minute.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

I wanted a real trike, not an amalgamation of a bike and some extra parts that makes up what is no longer a bike (bi=2), wanted something that was designed from the start as a trike.

Some of the trike kits are nice but only the Spyder was designed as a trike only - can't buy a 2-wheeled model.

Our Can-Am Spyder...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coppertone & CC at DQ.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	16331
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Excel Camper
    KIP Moto SherpaX Single Wheel Cargo Trailer
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT (His)
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited (Hers)

Had my GW Trike since 2008, I liked it from the start. I can ride all day and night. Never had a problem in 87K miles.
    Pulls any trailer I want and never know its back there. So many things you don't have to worry about riding a trike.
    Never go back to a two wheel. I wanted one a long time and lucky enough to own one now. Not for everyone I know.

Few years ago riding in Ar. on the backroads, it was 80* and a nice day, "Born to Wild" on the radio, and I was smiling
    ear to ear. Love the trike. I know some trike riders who can stay with most two wheelers any where they want to ride.

Once in Ar. a rider friend of mine said He was scraping pegs, and following Me pulling my 55 trailer through the curves.
    I only had the rear wheel come off the ground once, next time it said 15 mph I slowed down. lol lol

Buttset from Mo.

I am definitely getting a trike, its just a matter of time. I want to ride well into my 80s or longer, and the knees and ankles just ain't gonna cooperate much longer.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Y'all know I want a URAL!! HAHA!! NOOOOOO!!! HAHA!

Re: Been thinking long term!!!��

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    Y'all know I want a URAL!! HAHA!! NOOOOOO!!! HAHA!
    Yep wouldn't go back to two wheels again. Whole lot easier to ride in winter, plus now I can light up the world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-01-07 15.24.33.jpg   2014-03-05 16.45.53.jpg   2014-08-01 18.06.08.jpg   2014-08-20 11.47.03.jpg  
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

I have a pelican case like that and 2 small ones!

After doing a few thousand miles on my Ural I can say I like the hack, just wish the old girl was a little less cantankerous and a bit faster.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate