Thread: Hill Creek State Park

Hill Creek State Park

Located near Wellsboro, PA, Northwest Pa. This state park has four loops, two that allow pets. There are 5miles of trails, one that goes around the lake. There are sites with and without water and electric, yerts and cabins are also available. Firewood is available just outside the campground. The Grand Canyon of PA is just a 16 mile ride away..with a VERY steep climb to the bottom of the gorge. The site we had was in loop "D". Good hot showers and very clean restroom. Local grocery store is just 6 miles away.
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 55,000+ miles
    1995 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Re: Hill Creek State Park

Thanks for the review!

You have a link for it and an idea what it costs to camp in the section you stayed at ?
    I know that PA State Parks, like a few other states charge more for those out of state!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

ILIKEYMYWING!
    (Threadstarter)

Dusty...here is the link: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...reek/index.htm

Our site was no electric, close water spigot and with pet was $23.00 per night...If you are a senior..you do get a discount...Sat. was my 61st BD...missed the senior rate by one year!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-05-09 Hill Lake State Park 001.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	561.8 KB 
ID:	16126

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wingpilot96 View Post
    Dusty...here is the link: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...reek/index.htm

Our site was no electric, close water spigot and with pet was $23.00 per night...If you are a senior..you do get a discount...Sat. was my 61st BD...missed the senior rate by one year!!
    Thanks for the added info!

BTW .... Happy Birthday!!

I'll be 61 the end of this month, but I'll probably never get the seniors discount for camping as most places require you to be a US citizen to qualify!

That burns me about the Senior's Pass card for national parks etc. Ah well! ....

We have stayed there 2 times , never a problem. Don't recall the cost or the area but it was good. Zipp