Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: longest trip

Re: longest trip

Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    The longest trip I've made is 10 days, and roughly 3,300+ miles.
    Anything longer is going to have to wait until retirement.
    About four and 1/2 years to go.
    Now 3 years and 1 month to go.

Yup... I'm counting.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

Longest for me was back in 2009 from Douglasville, GA to South Lake Tahoe, then Yosemite, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, seeing a frind in TX and back to GA. 24 days on the road, 19 days of camping and 6600 mile round trip! Currently planning the next excursion!
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 26,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720

Last September,(2015), I managed to visit family and friends in Orlando, Tampa, and Ocala, Fla. and Atlanta area before heading to a Goldwing gathering in S. Carolina. Just a little shy of 3,000 miles in six travel days, but I was away from home for two weeks. Friends and family didn't like a tent in their yard so I was only under the stars for two nights...
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known...

I've been living the gypsy life for 6 months. Pulling my Time Out Deluxe with my 2016 Tri Glide Ultra. Been coast to coast twice, with side trips to Idaho, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Idaho, Illinois, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama.

As what the Gypsy Lore Society calls a Roader (use roads to reach camping destinations), with no house or apartment, my road trip is never ending.

In 2017 I will finally hit the last of the States (including Alaska) I have yet to hit.

Ride, camp 14-30 days, repeat.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Quote Originally Posted by privateer View Post
    I've been living the gypsy life for 6 months. Pulling my Time Out Deluxe with my 2016 Tri Glide Ultra. Been coast to coast twice, with side trips to Idaho, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Idaho, Illinois, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama.

As what the Gypsy Lore Society calls a Roader (use roads to reach camping destinations), with no house or apartment, my road trip is never ending.

In 2017 I will finally hit the last of the States (including Alaska) I have yet to hit.

Ride, camp 14-30 days, repeat.
    Privateer, does that include Hawaii or are you bypassing the 50th state because you can't ride there? If you are flying to Hawaii and renting a bike, let me know when you will be on the islands and which island you will be on. My place is on Oahu, but I can get to neighboring islands easily. You can put your bike and trailer on ocean transport from San Diego or Seattle, but it takes a week for it to get to the islands. Probably would not work for you. I've done this both ways with one of my bikes. If I were just moto-camp visiting Hawaii, I'd definitely opt for the Big Island. The rest are too small for Moto-Camping.

Aloha!

-3Sport
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by 3SportBiker View Post
    Privateer, does that include Hawaii or are you bypassing the 50th state because you can't ride there? If you are flying to Hawaii and renting a bike, let me know when you will be on the islands and which island you will be on. My place is on Oahu, but I can get to neighboring islands easily. You can put your bike and trailer on ocean transport from San Diego or Seattle, but it takes a week for it to get to the islands. Probably would not work for you. I've done this both ways with one of my bikes. If I were just moto-camp visiting Hawaii, I'd definitely opt for the Big Island. The rest are too small for Moto-Camping.

Aloha!

-3Sport
    I've been to Hawaii several times, and rented a small motorcycle on the big island.

But yes, I'm a Roader, and since I can't ride there, I don't care about it

(Threadstarter)

wow I started a good thread thanks for all the replays and great trips

I've done several trips of 4-8 weeks, including four cross-country rides. After I retired the wife and I spent four months on a loop around the country. Started in Bakersfield CA, zig-zagged on a southern route to Florida then north to Maine, then back west on a more northerly route, again with several zigs and zags to visit friends and family. Hit 32 states and totaled just over 15,000 miles. Camped most of the time, stayed with friends and family several times, moteled it a few. My wife was riding her '05 Electraglide with a Hannigan sidecar, I started out on my 2000 Roadglide pulling an Aspen Classic camper, and when we got to Kentucky I had a sidecar put on at the Hannigan factory.

A solo ride from Michigan to the west coast, about 1100 miles in two weeks of road time and a week of layovers.
    A clean dirt bike is a dirty shame...