PDA

View Full Version : Roll-A-Home Camp Trailer

Pages : [1] 2

IR Harry
07-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Picked up a 2006 Roll-A-Home King Size Pop-up camper.

Having had several, including a Bunkhouse and a KwiKamp, was really impressed with this one.:) A little heavier than the others by maybe 40 pounds:( , but has everything off the ground when opened:o . Bed is huge - king size:D . It sets up about as easy as the others, and is a little easier to stow;) . No canvas covers when towing - all fiberglass. Can get to the cargo bay easily just by lifting the side when towing:) , and lifting a panel when parked. Really a nice rig, tows easily:) , but cuts into the fuel mileage:eek: .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/hspencer942/MC%20Trailers/RollAHome6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/hspencer942/MC%20Trailers/RollAHome1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/hspencer942/MC%20Trailers/RollAHome8.jpg

But the dressing room being off the ground when the tent is up is a really GREAT feature.

GoldWingGL
07-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Harry,

I agree this is a great Trailer. You are probably running 40 lbs more because of the king slide. Mine runs about 300 empty. Wish I had the king sometimes.

Lumpy
12-12-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a 2002 Standard size Rolla-Home and really liked it behind the trike but sold the trike and went back to two wheels and bought a smaller KwikKamp and like it so far. Gonna sell RollaHome in spring.
Lumpy

zig
01-04-2011, 07:33 PM
I'd say you found the right website if you own the business;)

SidecarMike
01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I got my Roll A Home in October of this year and loved it so much went back and bought out the business!
Nothing personal, but I was really upset when I heard Larry sold out and the business moved to Okie. They're really nice trailers.
Good luck with your business.

Billy
01-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I will have to make time!!

ImRubicon
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the site
I for one like mine as I bought a used one last spring and in process of enjoying it . maybe you will start taking in trades ??????

paint and body for twenty years Hmmmm.... maybe a flashy paint job as well LOL

Mr. Guy
01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi Billy,

Where in Oklahoma are you? I'd like to stop by the shop some day if I'm rolling through town.

Guy

Billy
02-04-2011, 11:01 PM
We are about 175 miles SW of you in Hobart. Feel free to hollar anytime! Nice road trip..
:)

Billy
02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Trades? Why in the world would you want to? I hear of people with 100,000 plus miles on em! I guess they're hard to wear out. I do have people contact me pretty often wondering if I know where any used ones are. I bet it wouldn't be hard to find a buyer. As for in the paint & body business for 20 years, I've been in it for closer to 36-37 years. Just been at this location for 20. Flashy? Definately doable!

SidecarMike
02-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Trades? Why in the world would you want to? I hear of people with 100,000 plus miles on em! I guess they're hard to wear out. I do have people contact me pretty often wondering if I know where any used ones are. I bet it wouldn't be hard to find a buyer. As for in the paint & body business for 20 years, I've been in it for closer to 36-37 years. Just been at this location for 20. Flashy? Definately doable!
Larry Burmesch took in trades of any brand. He never seemed to have any trouble reselling them.
We're on our fifth camper. It's nice to upgrade once in a while.

Scott in PA
02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
You will love it! I have the standard size and it seems roomy enough so the king should be luxury. Just get some padding for the edge of the bed. I think I saw someone slit a pool noodle lengthwise and use that as a pad. The standard bed doesn't have that rail so I don't have the pad.

The biggest downside to the Roll-A-Home is that if you camp around other people you will draw a crowd and everyone will want to look at it and know where you got it.

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=1894

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=1893

Sheila
02-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the site
I for one like mine as I bought a used one last spring and in process of enjoying it . maybe you will start taking in trades ??????

paint and body for twenty years Hmmmm.... maybe a flashy paint job as well LOL

Yes, we do take trade in's. People calling all the time looking for used ones!

kdf9511
02-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Yes, we do take trade in's. People calling all the time looking for used ones!

Hmmm.....Now I am defanatly going to have to stop by next time I am in Hobart. A camp trailer is the next thing on my wish list....

Sheila
02-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Hmmm.....Now I am defanatly going to have to stop by next time I am in Hobart. A camp trailer is the next thing on my wish list....

Youre not too far from us... :)

kdf9511
02-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Youre not too far from us... :)

I know and I also cover the local phone office there across the street from the library. I get down there quite often.

ImRubicon
02-25-2011, 11:57 PM
I wantr fancy paint job and a few extra's like the AC unit sleeve

lytle1gw
02-26-2011, 06:50 AM
I have a 1968 combi-camp, but after looking at all the others looks like the rollahome is the best to go to. Will be looking at buying after I retire in March. Great looking camper and love the way to access storage.

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=1875&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=1875')

Sheila
02-26-2011, 07:09 AM
There are alot of good ones out there! We shopped for over a year before we finally made the decision to go with the Roll A Home. Billy really like the off ground dressing area as well as how it pulled. Friends of ours have Bunkhouse, Aspen ect... havent seen one I didnt like. I can tell you the people that we have talked to love their Roll A Homes! All the reviews I have came across have had good things to say and we plan to keep that going!
We got to spend some time with Larry (previous owner) and he believed in a quality product and we will continue in that direction. Billy is a paint and body man of 30 plus years and I am a Quality Engineer of 20 plus years so.... we will strive to maintain and exceed a quality product!
You will have alot of fun shopping and reviewing campers and good luck to you in retirement!P^

lytle1gw
02-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks Sheila, the old 68 does fairly well but is covered in lite weight canvas so always have to cover in rain and no storage. Was looking at leesure-lite but do not like the access to storage even though the price is just a little less. Do not mind paying for quality made items. Is there a long waiting list for your campers?

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2170&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2170')

Sheila
02-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Right now it is about 3 weeks depending on options..
Your welcome!

Access to storage was important to me... Got be able to get my blow dryer:)

lytle1gw
02-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Me i'm not in to a lot of frills but the better half might want some, I just like being up off ground and setting to put pants on. Too broken down to be laying down and trying to get dressed. I'll give call when were ready, have to wait for all retirement papers to clear to access 401, who knows how long that will take, know one that left last year and took 15 weeks before she got her first retirement check. The OPM does not get in any hurry but they sure won't pay interest either. At least we still have the old 68 to use till we can get everything taken care of. Hope you all do very well in your business. Quality always sells best.

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2029&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2029')

Sheila
02-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Thank you!

Sheila
02-26-2011, 08:38 AM
I wantr fancy paint job and a few extra's like the AC unit sleeve

I bet we can hook you up!:)

Hoot
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm new to moto and am shopping for a nice tent trailer and am torn between the Rollahome and the leesure lite excell. I've never seen a Rollahome in person which is my biggest hesitation. Plus I don't know the ins and outs of buying out of state and dealing with California DMV.

Clamper
05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Hoot, there is nothing too it. If you buy New, you get a Certificate of Origin from the dealer and a temp lic or your receipt that shows you just bought it, to get back to your home state. Go on in to the CA DMV and say Howdy I just bought this and hand them all the paper work you got, sign on a couple of dotted lines and write the check. Your done.
Buy used pretty much the same way. Have who ever you bought from sign the title, take it in to the DMV with a check.

Sheila
05-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm new to moto and am shopping for a nice tent trailer and am torn between the Rollahome and the leesure lite excell. I've never seen a Rollahome in person which is my biggest hesitation. Plus I don't know the ins and outs of buying out of state and dealing with California DMV.

Hey Hoot!
In and outs of buying out of state is a breeze!
Im still looking for someone close to you with a Roll A Home so you can actually see one in person!
Have someone in Vegas that has one but Im still looking for someone closer!

Sheila at Roll A Home

Hoot
05-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the info and reassurance from both of you. Sheila I hope you find someone closer but Las Vegas is doable keep me posted.

Jeff in Ferndale WA
05-03-2011, 01:22 PM

When I was researching campers I came down to the same two choices,and chose the Roll a Home because of the storage From what I understand,storage in the Leesure light is all in the living area when set up.Roll a Home storage is all under the bed,and is accessible when the tent is not set up.

ImRubicon
05-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I would think a forum on the Roll-a-home site might get a few owners to pipe in and give and get advice from others ?
and maybe locations to show new customers ?

Sheila
05-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I would think a forum on the Roll-a-home site might get a few owners to pipe in and give and get advice from others ?
and maybe locations to show new customers ?

Rubicon!! Im working on it!!!! Actually have started a "show and tell" map where current owners of Roll A Homes are located. Just got to get it posted on the website. I do have a facebook page as well! A forum would be a good thing! You want to take the lead??P^

Retrax
05-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I think a forum on their site would be great also. As a likely future customer within the next 12 months, I would recommend a few other items to add to their web site also.

More you tube videos showing:

A walk around inside, outside, underneath, with details of access to interior storage from inside when set up to add to the existing videos on the site for the wide bed model.

Add setup, take down, and above "walk around when set up" videos for the standard model.

This would add 4 more videos to the site but would give people looking, a much better idea of both trailers and how they work. I saw a really nice walk around/inside outside video for a leesurelite and it really helped me to get an idea of how the whole thing looked and worked from all angles in and out.

Sheila
05-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I think a forum on their site would be great also. As a likely future customer within the next 12 months, I would recommend a few other items to add to their web site also.

More you tube videos showing:

A walk around inside, outside, underneath, with details of access to interior storage from inside when set up to add to the existing videos on the site for the wide bed model.

Add setup, take down, and above "walk around when set up" videos for the standard model.

This would add 4 more videos to the site but would give people looking, a much better idea of both trailers and how they work. I saw a really nice walk around/inside outside video for a leesurelite and it really helped me to get an idea of how the whole thing looked and worked from all angles in and out.

Retrax! I like it!
Thanks!

ImRubicon
05-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Rubicon!! Im working on it!!!! Actually have started a "show and tell" map where current owners of Roll A Homes are located. Just got to get it posted on the website. I do have a facebook page as well! A forum would be a good thing! You want to take the lead??P^

I would have to talk to the people here and ask if there is some free software for that forum and then the problem is hosting it as web space cost something as Im sure you know .
I had a whole class in HTML and found using dreamweaver made basic webpage pretty easy

Jeff in Ferndale WA
05-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I would have to talk to the people here and ask if there is some free software for that forum and then the problem is hosting it as web space cost something as Im sure you know .
I had a whole class in HTML and found using dreamweaver made basic webpage pretty easy

You can start a free forum on Proboards.It works pretty well:
http://proboards.com/

This is a link to the forum I started for the GWRRA chapter I used to belong to:
http://chapterh.proboards.com/index.cgi

Sheila,you could start the forum and put a link to it on the Roll a Home web site

Sheila
05-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for all the ideas! I will be busy!:D

lytle1gw
05-04-2011, 11:21 PM
After camping this last week at the LBL in the rain and floods, I have came to the conculsion that the only campers to have are the ones with raised dressing room floors, aka- Roll-a Home- lesurelite and the old combi-camp. The only ones that didn't leak. Shelia you are on the right track with your model. I have an old combi-camp and will be changing soon to get more sleeping room with your model. Just waiting for the gov to transfer money over to my IRA. Oh crap the gov is broke:eek: Ya all ride safe and be safe.

Hoot
05-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Just ordered my Rollahome for a July 6th pickup and I'm already feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas. Found both Sheila and Billy very easy to work with and Billy was very patient with my rookie questions.

Sheila
05-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Just ordered my Rollahome for a July 6th pickup and I'm already feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas. Found both Sheila and Billy very easy to work with and Billy was very patient with my rookie questions.

Hoot! We feel like Santa Christmas morning... waiting to see the faces of excitement! We will be gone to Knowxville but I bet I can get Jimmy to snap that picture! Looking forward to it:D

lytle1gw
05-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Hey Hoot I got mine ordered to and plan on picking it up last day of Wing-Ding unless Shiela tells me different, that way they can show it off. Rollahome is the only way to go to be dry and have lots of storage.P^

Hoot
05-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Good deal Gary. I'm limiting my riding time till I bring the trailer home so I can do one practice trip and do a full service before I head out to Montana. Just added a trailer hitch and wired my bike for the trailer so for now prepping my gear and daydreaming.

lytle1gw
05-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Yep I'm dreaming too! Can't hardly wait till I can get mine behind me a camping, but of course have to wait having knee replaced tuesday and figure it will take at least three weeks before I can get back out camping so that'll only be a couple weeeks be fore Wing-Ding. Just looking forward to having a great camper and time to use it.P^

Sheila
05-29-2011, 09:47 PM
You guys are gonna enjoy the Roll A Home! Looking forward to meeting yall!

ImRubicon
05-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Can I get the AC sleeve installed on my 2006 Roll-A-Home as the heat keeps me home during the summers down here . Should I ride up there to get it installed?

Sheila
05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Can I get the AC sleeve installed on my 2006 Roll-A-Home as the heat keeps me home during the summers down here . Should I ride up there to get it installed?

We still have the same sewing lady that the previous owners had and she is in Idaho but if you have someone that can put one in, she can sew you up one! :)

tankereng
05-31-2011, 04:33 PM
an A/C unit is a VERY nice thing to have in South Texas.....I need to get one for my bunkhouse...P^

ImRubicon
06-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Might come in handy in Cali also

lytle1gw
06-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Hoot were getting closer, can ya sleep good or having dreams of roll-a-home's rolling thru? I can't wait to get started putting all my little touches to the camper. You'll get a head start on me. I can hear the fish flopping and wind blowing thru the trees now. Just dreaming of being down at the Land Between the Lakes in Ky.

Hoot
06-27-2011, 03:06 PM
You're right Gary I've went over my gear numerous times and have checked my fishing gear so when I pick it up I'll be ready to roll. Picking it up with my brother so we'll haul it back behind my Toyota but we are planning on camping in it 3 nights on the way back to California. Should be there on the 7th.

lytle1gw
06-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a good plan, hope ya enjoy camping heading back home. I plan on just running down and getting ours and heading right back home in one day, maybe.

Hoot
06-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Did I read you right?
I checked on google map and it shows 720 miles one way from McLeansboro to Hobart. That sounds like on hellish one day trip if you do a rounder and tough enough on the one day. If you so it I will be both impressed with our stamina and concerned about your mental stability. :)

lytle1gw
06-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Sheila is taking mine to Knoxville with them to the Wing Ding so that I can pick it up there, only around 360 to there. I figure they'll set it up for demo and I'll get it the last day that they are there.

Hoot
06-28-2011, 11:47 AM
That sounds great. Doable and still fun.

Hoot
07-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Heading out today to the Mother state to pick up my Rollahome. Should be in Hobart thursday morning then heading for a fish fry with family in Jimtown Ok. A new Rollahome and a mess of Red River catfish; I'm a lucky man.:D:D

SidecarMike
07-05-2011, 09:42 PM
... A new Rollahome and a mess of Red River catfish; I'm a lucky man.:D:D
Deep fried? Sounds good.

ImRubicon
07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
throw in a cold one as still a tad warm in that area but the fish sound good

lytle1gw
07-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Got in last night with our new Rollahome camper, boy did it pull great. Friend here is thinking of getting one and came over to see it setup, was amazed as to how easy the setup was an how much room there is. His wife was really impressed as to how you can access cargo with it up or down. I probably should have got the a/c sleeve since its hotter than blue blazes here, maybe I'll have Sheila send me one. Anyway I think I'm in love again only this time with a camper, now to get my leg better so we can have a few dates.:D Anybody coming thru Southern Illinois and wants to take a gander give shout or just show up, 209 e broadway st. Mcleansboro, illinois 62859. 618-237-3435.

Hoot
07-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Just got home with mine. Picked it up in Hobart with my brother and nephew. Camped 2 nights. First night got rain and wind no problem it was also hot so hooked up a airconditioner through the a/c sleeve worked fine heavy wind caused me to get up in the middle of the night to tighten down the sleeve. Only problem on the whole trip was my air mattress I was using on the floor; it ruptured led to a uncomfortabloe night. Next day got a thermarest and slept great at KOA in Siligman, Az. Just like Gary really impressed how easy it went up and down even in a strong wind.

Hoot
07-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I've been putting the foam tubes you get for insulating pipes on the floor supports. I get 2 for about $2.20. I know they will not last that long but I have used them three nights camping and numerous times setting up to get comfortable with the procedure and they're still doing fine. :)

lytle1gw
07-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Why are you putting them on the floor supports?

GoldWingGL
07-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Why are you putting them on the floor supports?

The Floor supports are he roof rack bars. He does this to protect them fro damage on hard surfaces, cement.. gravel and such. I am going to look into the same stuff as I have just been using a folded tarp for this…

lytle1gw
07-17-2011, 08:19 PM
My new one has rubber on the supports, wouldn't think they would need more protection. To each thier own, I will use foam on the bed slides.

GoldWingGL
07-17-2011, 10:55 PM
My new one has rubber on the supports, wouldn't think they would need more protection. To each thier own, I will use foam on the bed slides.

Not sure when they started that but the older ones do not have that so.....

Hoot
07-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Gary I have the rubber supports also. But figured it was easier and cheaper to use foam tubing as a sacrificial protector. They go on in a couple of seconds, weigh almost nothing and store easily.

lytle1gw
07-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Good idea, but if its going to rain they'll be wet to store. But then thats what garbage bags are for. Maybe I'll redo my thinking.
So as the heat lets up I'll be adding all the extra wiring and stuff I want to do to mine, just ain't doing it in triple digit temps. Don't think the wife would appreciate it in middle of living room.:D Did that once with bike 40 yrs ago and still hearing about it. Have a blast with your new camper.

ImRubicon
07-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Why not put a tarp under the foam to kep it dry, and a rubber mat under that to protect the tarp and .. and ...
The rubber is there to take the scrapes and I use it for that . There is always going to be wear and tear and just not worth wearing two in case the first one breaks LOL
My rubber is holding up pretty well and Im a big guy to walk in and out on them . They will be fine and you can always replace if needed as not complicated so why overkill ?
Do you wash and wax your camper everytime it goes outside also ?

G wizz
07-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Why not put a tarp under the foam to kep it dry, and a rubber mat under that to protect the tarp and .. and ...
The rubber is there to take the scrapes and I use it for that . There is always going to be wear and tear and just not worth wearing two in case the first one breaks LOL
My eubber is holding up pretty well and Im a big guy to walk in and out on them . They will be fine and you can always replace if needed as not complicated so why overkill ?
Do you wash and wax your camper everytime it goes outside also ?

Way to go there ImRubicon ...
Here all this time, I thought I was the only one that ever gave anyone any shi .. er ... crap ... :eek:
If Hoot wants to foam his rails, who are we to argue ? Or even give a hoot ... :rolleyes:

G

dan1551
07-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Way to go there ImRubicon ...
Here all this time, I thought I was the only one that ever gave anyone any shi .. er ... crap ... :eek:
If Hoot wants to foam his rails, who are we to argue ? Or even give a hoot ... :rolleyes:

G

You mean theres another one???????

Hoot
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
I don"t want to beat this dog to death but as I mentioned earlier we camped during a hard rain and I just popped them off the rails knocked gunk off them and threw them in the trailer. The foam doesn't seem to absorb any water.

ImRubicon
07-19-2011, 07:38 AM
You mean theres another one???????

Dang I did sound meaner than I meant LOL
Really if you want to build a shed to have you camper set up while out on the road Im sorry its your thing . I was try to say in a nicer way is that the rubber seems to stand up just fine and I dont see the need to protect the protector. Also the rubber on the supports may stick to things better that the foam and not allow movement as much

I did try one of those foam things on the rail to get down from the sleeping area in my Roll-A-Home and it did help but I forgot it somewhere the first time I took it out :confused:

Hoot
07-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Finally got to Camp pulling my Rollahome with my motorcycle. It towed great and I'm sitting comfortably in Pismo Beach, Ca typing this. Had the same experience I read when I first joined motocamper seemed like half of the other campers came by to look at it and comment on what a nice rig it was.

lytle1gw
07-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Waiting out the Heat to take ours out but here is some pics.http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2732&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2732') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2731&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2731') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2730&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2730')

eidolon
08-03-2011, 01:41 AM

Hi Sheila, Where on the site is this??

Sheila
08-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Eidolon!
I do not have the map posted but maybe Friday!
If you are wanting to see a Roll A Home in person, pm me and Ill see where one would be for you to see. Website is under construction this week;)

Hoot
09-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Sheila I checked your site and really liked the changes you have made it'd much easier to navigate and your map was up. On my recent trip of 18 nights spent 17 in the Rollahome and loved it. Spent last night in Primm Nevada at Buffalo Bills because the KOA in Vegas was charging more than the hotels and I missed the Rollahome.

ImRubicon
09-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Sheila I checked your site and really liked the changes you have made it'd much easier to navigate and your map was up. On my recent trip of 18 nights spent 17 in the Rollahome and loved it. Spent last night in Primm Nevada at Buffalo Bills because the KOA in Vegas was charging more than the hotels and I missed the Rollahome.

Primm has one casino that has the bonnie and clyde car on display!
Still a tad warm out that way but a nice cool 71 at night here as the heat wave seemed to break for a couple of days.
Sad but campgrounds are almost as costly as the hotels out there. Try camping at lake mead its fun if you go the north shore road and traval a couple of hours to get out of range of the touries

lytle1gw
11-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Since Shelia is sending a whole bunch of rain towards us I think I'll put the Roll-A-Home up and test it for rain worthlyness. Suppose to get up to 6 inches so will be a good test.:D

Sheila
11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
LOL!! 6" may change the name to Row A Home!!
We were in some really heavy rain at the Changing of Colors rally and the Roll A Home came through without a drop!:)

lytle1gw
11-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Did fine here last night with 3.2 inches of rain, didn't even have to get the paddles out. Now have to wait for spring

Jeff in Ferndale WA
11-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Since Shelia is sending a whole bunch of rain towards us I think I'll put the Roll-A-Home up and test it for rain worthlyness. Suppose to get up to 6 inches so will be a good test.:D

I can attest to the rain worthiness of a Roll a Home.
Last year,we were on the Washington coast for a weekend.One of the days it rained very hard all day and into the night along with some heavy winds.The winds were heavy enough that I felt the need to tie it down.
By late evening there were a few light drips at the seams,but otherwise we stayed dry.
I have since resealed the seams,but have not been in that much rain.

Hoot
11-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Saw a lot of thunderstorm rain to and from Glacier National Park. That's the kind of rain that is short lived but heavy. No problems at all with drips but was glad I didn't get to test its resistance to lightning.:D

lytle1gw
11-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Hey i hadn't thought of that , maybe need to rig up a lightning rod.:D

Sheila
02-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Just trying to keep this discussion alive!
For you Roll A Homers we have met over the last year, it has been a pleasure!
We currently are busy building and improving as we go.
Last year was our first year building Roll A Homes and really didnt have much camping time. We are gonna do that different this year!! Gotta have a little fun!:)

snowclem
02-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Sheila,

For sure keep this thread going. I R Harry, the OP, died this last year. Motorcycling, camping, and people of Oregon and the northwest lost a great representative. Whenever I see his avatar, I get a good feeling. I'm sure everyone that met him thru forums or in person can agree.

Richard

Sheila
02-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Sheila,

For sure keep this thread going. I R Harry, the OP, died this last year. Motorcycling, camping, and people of Oregon and the northwest lost a great representative. Whenever I see his avatar, I get a good feeling. I'm sure everyone that met him thru forums or in person can agree.

Richard

I agree! I met Harry via this forum.

Jeff in Ferndale WA
02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Sheila,

Richard

I agree! P^

cause88
04-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Just picked up my "new to me" 2010 Roll-A-Home wide model with a Add a room and awning.
Picked it up in Rock Island/ East Moline IL and towed it behind a Kia Sedona back to North Carolina over 14 hours. It towed great and hardly even realized it was back there, except that I was paranoid as all get up because I knew it was back there.

It did a well through the winds of Northwestern Illinois, the rough roads around Indianapolis, Indiana the farm lands of central Ohio the mountains, twists and turns of the West Virginia turn pike, the mountains of Virginia and finally the less than exciting final miles into North Carolina.

Today my wife and I set it up together, to start to learn about the process and the camper itself. The camper went up pretty well and only found one small issue that I will need to look into a little closer on the camper itself. The storage access door appears to be slightly bowed and exerts pressure on the slide out portion making it a little difficult to get it fully extended.

The Awning was simple to install, the add a room, went up with a minimum of fussing and cussing once I figured out the process. We did have a piece left over that we can't figure out where it goes. A slightly bend piece of non adjustable pipe, with two open clamps on the ends. It was stored in the bag with the Awning poles, but none of the photos of the Awning that I have found on the internet contain this piece. I think it has something to do with the add a room, but the instructions that came with the unit, leave a little to be desired and are vague to say the least.

First impressions are very favorable on this unit. It tows great, it is very roomy, set up is fairly easy despite the vague instructions.

Very happy so far.

Dennis

Sheila
04-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi Dennis,
We have already communicated about the mystery pole!
For others interested, it is a pole that goes between two of the inside bows to add strength to the roof area. It was an option with the previous owner of the company. We do not have it listed as an option but if requested we can supply them.

The bowing of the storage access door is something we found early on when we bought out the business. When the gas shocks are installed, the pressure of them pushing up on what we call the mid section is what was causing this. We are now re enforcing that area with aluminum angle. This has eliminated that problem. If you want dimensions and placement of these pieces, send us an email and we will be glad to give you that information.
Welcome to the forum and Happy camping!

Sheila
04-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Oh forgot! We are working on a better set of instructions for the add a room! We are actually going to make a video. We just havent had an order for a add a room lately. Soon as we get one, I will post better instructions and a video.

Retrax
04-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Sheila,

I am glad things are going well with the business. Thanks for keeping this great product alive! Your customer service and communication are excellent. Any time I have called or emailed, have always received immediate responses to my questions.

-Shawn

snowclem
04-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Off topic, perhaps, but I hope this thread stays active forever. For those that don't know, IR Harry (the OP) is no longer sharing our campsites. I'm sure he has the best spot some where, but it sure is nice to be reminded of him by this thread every now and then.

Richard

Sheila
04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Sheila,

I am glad things are going well with the business. Thanks for keeping this great product alive! Your customer service and communication are excellent. Any time I have called or emailed, have always received immediate responses to my questions.

-Shawn

Shawn,
Thank you for that! We love our rah and continue to look at ways to make them better!P^

Sheila
04-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Off topic, perhaps, but I hope this thread stays active forever. For those that don't know, IR Harry (the OP) is no longer sharing our campsites. I'm sure he has the best spot some where, but it sure is nice to be reminded of him by this thread every now and then.

Richard

I did not have the pleasure of meeting him in person but did communicate with him on this forum and the gl1800 forum.:)

ImRubicon
04-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Simply because I finally got this one dirty LOL

I also hope this topic just keeps going and going
Im planning on selling mine soon but just so I can get a new one with the AC sleeve and some of the new options

Sheila
04-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Simply because I finally got this one dirty LOL

I also hope this topic just keeps going and going
Im planning on selling mine soon but just so I can get a new one with the AC sleeve and some of the new options

You got it dirty?? LOL!
You must get to use yours more than we get to use ours.:)
Ours hasnt even got broke in good. When we bought Roll A Home out, we bought ourselves jobs! It has been a really fun job though. Have met lots of great people. Whether they are in the market for a camper or not there is always people wanting to see the camper and how it works.

When you are ready, give us a call!:)

Sheila
04-12-2012, 08:13 AM
We have finalized some of our 2012 rally schedule. Even if you are not in the market for a Roll A Home, it would be really cool to meet some of you so if you happen to be at any of these rallies, stop by and say hello!

http://www.celebrationoffreedom.com/

Changing of Colors Rally
http://www.cmausa.org/events/

http://wing-ding.org/

http://www.davismotorcyclerally.com/

celticstar
04-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Do you mean I am going to have to wash it before my trip lol:eek:

Sheila
04-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Do you mean I am going to have to wash it before my trip lol:eek:

Nope! Thats all on you!:)

Sheila
04-12-2012, 08:30 AM
We have finalized some of our 2012 rally schedule. Even if you are not in the market for a Roll A Home, it would be really cool to meet some of you so if you happen to be at any of these rallies, stop by and say hello!

http://www.celebrationoffreedom.com/

Changing of Colors Rally
http://www.cmausa.org/events/

Still pending... Veterans rally at Cripple creek, Colorado, Hawg Rally in Lawton, Oklahoma, Oklahoma state GWRRA rally and possibly BBB Bikes Blues and Barbecue:)

cheetah
04-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Sheila I was going to suggest the Davis Rally. I am glad to see you will be there, I will have to go now. Last time I went it was cold and rainy on the way bach from it, hope it is better this time. Have never seem a rah in person and am now looking forward to it

Sheila
04-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Sheila I was going to suggest the Davis Rally. I am glad to see you will be there, I will have to go now. Last time I went it was cold and rainy on the way bach from it, hope it is better this time. Have never seem a rah in person and am now looking forward to it

We are looking forward to it! We tried to go last year but the Iowa laws
prevented any of the motorcycle camper venders from going. That has been took care of now so we will be there! Looking forward to meeting you!

Sheila
04-14-2012, 10:30 PM
2011 Widebed Roll A Home For Sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This couple purchased their RAH last year at the Wing Ding and due to health
reasons they are no longer riding and camping.
This unit has been used one weekend and one two week vacation and other than that it has been stored inside all winter.

As much as I'd like to sell someone a new Roll A Home, I also want to try to help out a customer.

This is a 2011 Widebed model
White body - Navy tent
Second door option
Screen room with flaps
Aluminum wheels
Spare tire
Electric brakes
Mud flaps
Cooler rack
Awning
Mattress
Spray texture

They are asking $5400.00

Zackybilly1
04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Sheila,

Is the used one in Canada?

Thanks,

Z

Sheila
04-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes sir it is!

Jeff in Ferndale WA
04-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi Dennis,
We have already communicated about the mystery pole!
For others interested, it is a pole that goes between two of the inside bows to add strength to the roof area. It was an option with the previous owner of the company. We do not have it listed as an option but if requested we can supply them.

The bowing of the storage access door is something we found early on when we bought out the business. When the gas shocks are installed, the pressure of them pushing up on what we call the mid section is what was causing this. We are now re enforcing that area with aluminum angle. This has eliminated that problem. If you want dimensions and placement of these pieces, send us an email and we will be glad to give you that information.
Welcome to the forum and Happy camping!

I'm curious why you don't include the "mystery pole". It came included with ours when we bought it from Larry.
We once spent a day in some very heavy rains and had water puddling in the canvas until we figured out what the "mystery pole" was for. Not really necessary when it doesn't rain,but I wouldn't be without it in a heavy rain.

I'm assuming you are talking about the storage access door from the inside that is the bed? Ours only came with a pole to hold it up.

lytle1gw
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Mystery pole is attched in the new RAH's and is folded with the rear bow.

Sheila
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm curious why you don't include the "mystery pole". It came included with ours when we bought it from Larry.
We once spent a day in some very heavy rains and had water puddling in the canvas until we figured out what the "mystery pole" was for. Not really necessary when it doesn't rain,but I wouldn't be without it in a heavy rain.

I'm assuming you are talking about the storage access door from the inside that is the bed? Ours only came with a pole to hold it up.

Jeff,
When we bought our roll a home, it was not included so for awhile we did not know it existed. Last fall a rah owner had one and told us what it was. We have stayed in ours in some pretty heavy rain without the pole and had no problems but it does add more stability and arch in the roof to deflect the water. We have recently started to include it in all the units. :)

The access door is the same as you stated. One pole still holds it up.

Sheila
06-11-2012, 09:04 AM
http://www.wing-ding.org/
We will be there. Stop by and say hello :)

Ken L.
06-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Who's going to be camping at "Wing Ding" and where?

Ken L.

Sheila
06-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Ken,
Alot of people are camping at the Johnny Appleseed camp ground. Last week there was only primitive spots left. We are not camping this time because we dont have enough room to bring our trailer. There are several camp grounds around and if you go the the wing ding website you can more information on them.
http://www.wing-ding.org/

troyboy1948
06-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Did a show and tell for two couples from IN. today. They were very impressed. It was a good ride but HOT!!!!!!!!

lytle1gw
06-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Yep was hot but a fun ride and happy 44 anniversary.P^

Sheila
06-17-2012, 07:26 AM
Did a show and tell for two couples from IN. today. They were very impressed. It was a good ride but HOT!!!!!!!!

Got an email from them and they as you said were impressed! It has been hot here too. Been in the mid to upper 90's. Glad you all got to ride and look forward to hearing about your camping trips!P^
Thank you!

Sheila
06-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Yep was hot but a fun ride and happy 44 anniversary.P^

Happy anniversary! Hot ride is better than no ride! We have been too busy to ride or camp but maybe after the wing ding we can do a little of both. Thank you!P^

Sheila
06-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Oh forgot! We are working on a better set of instructions for the add a room! We are actually going to make a video. We just havent had an order for a add a room lately. Soon as we get one, I will post better instructions and a video.

Okay, so after numerous attempts of trying to video how to set up an add a room, I decided to write down step by step on how to set up an add a room.
Hope this helps!

Sheila
06-22-2012, 07:23 PM
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?318981-What-do-you-consider-technically-the-best-camper-trailer&p=3804502&highlight=rollahome#post3804502

This is our more recent review!P^

Sheila
06-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Join us on Facebook!
http://www.motocampers.com/?

Retrax
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Unfortunately, circumstances are so that I am selling my 2002 Roll a Home standard. I'll link to it here within the forum when I post it.

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=68334#post68334

Sheila
06-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately, circumstances are so that I am selling my 2002 Roll a Home standard. I'll link to it here within the forum when I post it.

We have people on a regular basis asking bout used ones so I bet you wont have a problem selling it. When you post it, Ill also post it on our facebook page. Had a guy email today asking so Ill pass your information on to him.

Whatever the circumstances are, I hope they get better for ya.:)

Retrax
06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks Sheila,

I'm not all that forum savvy but I think I got my post to work here...

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=68334#post68334

Sheila
06-29-2012, 09:39 AM
We will be leaving Sunday for Ft Wayne Indiana for the Wing Ding!
If any of you are there, stop by and visit with us even if you already have a camper!
Be nice to meert some of you:)

troyboy1948
06-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Took our Roll-A-Home on its maiden voyage. Went 1050 miles thru Missouri over five days. Had absolutely no issues with the camper. I averaged 38 miles per gallon thru the Ozark hills. Thank God I got the electric brakes. Some of those hills would have been very interesting without them. Can't wait to go again.

Sheila
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Took our Roll-A-Home on its maiden voyage. Went 1050 miles thru Missouri over five days. Had absolutely no issues with the camper. I averaged 38 miles per gallon thru the Ozark hills. Thank God I got the electric brakes. Some of those hills would have been very interesting without them. Can't wait to go again.

Where are the pictures???:D

Ken L.
07-12-2012, 08:30 PM
We will be leaving Sunday for Ft Wayne Indiana for the Wing Ding!
If any of you are there, stop by and visit with us even if you already have a camper!
Be nice to meert some of you:)

Sheila, it was nice meeting you and Billy at Wing Ding. And thank you for that
email about the 2010 RAH, it's just not in the budget right now.
Hope to see u down the road...

Ken Lind

troyboy1948
07-12-2012, 10:52 PM
http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3762&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3762') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3752&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3752') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3756&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3756') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3749&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3749') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3753&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3753') Shelia,
Sorry about no pics. Let's see if this works.

Sheila
07-13-2012, 09:07 AM
http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3762&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3762') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3752&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3752') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3756&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3756') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3749&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3749') http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3753&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=307&pictureid=3753') Shelia,

Nice shots Troy!! Thank you!

HarpoF6
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM
How is the storage space in the RAH compared to the Bunkhouse? We have the bunkhouse, but feel theres too much space. We tend to pack light, even when we splurge on comforts. Probably the heaviest object we would take is the small AC in a milk crate that the AC fits in for transport and sits onto when attached to the bunkhouse AC well.

After carrying more than I usually do in the bunkhouse, It didn't feel right. We would rather pack less. Im looking at RAH for two reasons- easier to set up by one person, dressing area is off the ground. Im also looking to have a bit lighter camper if possible. My wife and I do motocamp with the bunkhouse, but there are often times I would go solo. Because its way too big for one person in my opinion, when traveling solo, I tend to either stay in motels or hammock camp. There were times where I wish I had a smaller, easier to set up camper. Because of this, Im even looking at Leesure lite- it seems like the no frills version of RAH with less packing space.

Any thoughts from those who have had these campers?

Sheila
08-01-2012, 06:26 PM
We pack our ac and milk crate in the storage area of the roll a home just fine.
You have 18.5 cubic feet of storage and can pack up to 12" high in the cargo area.

There are two models of the roll a homes. The standard which will weight approx 50lbs lighter than the widebed model. 325 and 385.

We manufacture these campers so dont just take my word on them. Others will give their opinions! We do have a facebook page if you would like to post on there!
http://www.facebook.com/Rollahome#!/Rollahome

apopj
08-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Harpo,

Just returned from Millers Trailer Sales in Pennsylvania. Rented a Leesure Lite for an overnight trial. It was really outstanding.
I just sold my Bunkhouse. Reasons? Very difficult to put up by myself, even harder to get down and not pinch the screens or tent in the support bars. Didn't like the idea of the dressing area being on the ground, in the mud. Yes, we had the carpet and the tarp under it, but when it rains, the mud and water run over the carpet and then when you put it away, it is in the trailer. While the storage area is usually dry, you are folding up a wet tent into the same area as the mattress and I've talked to many users and no matter what the factory says, EVERYONE I talked to complained about wet mattresses. But, I think the major problem for me was how hard and time consuming for one person to put up and take down.

I had never used a leesure lite before. Patsy, co-owner of Millers, said "unlatch the top, and lift it all the way over." I did and withing 30 seconds, the tent portion was up. Oh, I did have to flip the skirting over, but it is cosmetic and took all of 10 seconds. Putting it away? The instruction are clear... "Just tuck everything in as best you can and close the lid. Don't pinch anything", that's it.And everything just tucks in, no pinching involved. It did take maybe 45 seconds to put it away. It towed perfectly, and the new ones come with 100% LED lighting.

But, you really can't put too much faith in what people say. Your needs are different. If you are in the area, contact Millers and rent one. Then decide. A little more expensive but so much more camper for the money. And easy means you will use it more.

Have fun, JeffP^

Sheila
08-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Basically the Roll A Home sets up the same way as the Leesure Lite. It is accordian style. When you bring the lid over the tent comes with it. There are videos on the website

http://www.rollahome.com/videos.html

Sheila
Have fun shopping and get the one that makes ya happy!:)

lytle1gw
We have the wide bed model of RAH because we like a lot of bed space to keep from kicking each other. The standard size would be great for solo camping, we had a cambi camp which is like the leesure lite and didn't like storage space it had. All in all the RAH gets thumbs up for ease of use and quailty of manufacturing, and can't say enough of the great customer service.P^

Clamper
08-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Howdy Jeff, I looked at Leesure lite and didn't like the inability to get into the storage under the bed. The box in front is not much, and it was hard to shift weight and worry about tongue weight, after going to the store or having to add stuff. There are times we would stop just to make some lunch or take a break. You can't always have whatever you need in the bike or in the small storage pod on the front of the trailer. As for closing up a Roll a Home by yourself, I used a collapsible Awning pole and didn't have too much trouble that way or the few times somebody came by and offered help, I had them steady the pole while I tucked it all in.
We were always very happy when others came over to look inside and check out the under bed storage, and how easy it was to pull by hand out of a camp spot to hook back up to the bike. " Twice with my wife pushing at the back, and me pulling at the hitch."

later all

Sheila
08-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Howdy Jeff, I looked at Leesure lite and didn't like the inability to get into the storage under the bed. The box in front is not much, and it was hard to shift weight and worry about tongue weight, after going to the store or having to add stuff. There are times we would stop just to make some lunch or take a break. You can't always have whatever you need in the bike or in the small storage pod on the front of the trailer. As for closing up a Roll a Home by yourself, I used a collapsible Awning pole and didn't have too much trouble that way or the few times somebody came by and offered help, I had them steady the pole while I tucked it all in.
We were always very happy when others came over to look inside and check out the under bed storage, and how easy it was to pull by hand out of a camp spot to hook back up to the bike. " Twice with my wife pushing at the back, and me pulling at the hitch."

later all

We use the widebed support poles to hold up the lid while tucking in the tent.
We now send a small pole about 14 -16" with the standard models. Customer feedback! Great source of information:)

troyboy1948
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I believe that the RAH is the easiest camper to get to the storage area on the market. My wife can open and close the top to get to the storage area without difficulty and she is no weight lifter by any means. As far as closing the camper for travel I have found that if you leave the front and rear screens slightly un-zipped it lets the trapped air out and folds up easier. I have closed up by myself several times and had no problems and have never used a support pole of any kind.

Hoot
08-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Same here I set it up and take it down by myself maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure how the support ole would help.

Clamper
08-02-2012, 12:01 AM
I believe that the RAH is the easiest camper to get to the storage area on the market. My wife can open and close the top to get to the storage area without difficulty and she is no weight lifter by any means. As far as closing the camper for travel I have found that if you leave the front and rear screens slightly un-zipped it lets the trapped air out and folds up easier. I have closed up by myself several times and had no problems and have never used a support pole of any kind.

I agree 100%. My wife would look like she was doing a dead lift to get into the storage, but didn't ask for help from me.
I never thought to use the wide-body slide out supports. I had the awning support pole in the corner and ...Hey what if I... and it worked. And nothing ripped or broke.

Sheila
08-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Same here I set it up and take it down by myself maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure how the support ole would help.

It just holds the lid up while you are tucking the tent in. We use it when we think about it. Alot of times at the rallys or if someone comes by the shop to look at a rah, I am the one that opens and closes the camper for them. Most of the time I dont think about using the support! :)

Sheila
08-02-2012, 08:50 AM

Yep! We do that too Troy!

Peacekeeper
08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
You should design and build a single version, small for one person that tows at about 225 lbs for us solo riders. I'd be all over that.

Sheila
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
You should design and build a single version, small for one person that tows at about 225 lbs for us solo riders. I'd be all over that.

We do have the single version that is sweet and really fast to setup.:) It weighs in about 325 empty. We are always looking for ways to reduce the weight but as you said "design"... Design equals new molds... Molds more money... We are still small but growing all the time. At some point in time in the future maybe we can design something lighter without sacrificing quality and space.

We have alot of solo riders that use the standard model roll a home and are happy campers! We actually have couples that get the standard model as well.

Thank you for considering us and your input!:):)

txagfan
08-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Are there any discernible differences when reviewing the different model years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lytle1gw
08-03-2012, 03:08 AM
newer models have improvements since Shelia and Billy took over prooduction, better lighting and improved bar placement for water shedding just to name a couple. I have a 2011 model and the 2012 has improvments over it that are appreciated by owners of the newer models. It has been a learning process for them, but they listen to customers and improve where needed to make the best units available.P^

HarpoF6
08-07-2012, 01:26 PM
A couple questions…

What are the grommets on tabs along the top seam of the side of the Standard RAH over the sleeping area for? I understand the zipper above the door for the tarp…

Does the RAH have the capability (if not now, future?) of being able to be elevated to stand up on the rear (with supports) as to store it against a wall to save floor space? (like Leesure lite and Kenyon trailers)

I think Ive pretty much narrowed down my bunkhouse replacement with the RAH… maybe next year?

lytle1gw
08-07-2012, 05:46 PM
The grommets are for heavy wind conditions to tie out to stakes. Don't know about future plans to store on end, right now it is not available. Have to let Shelia answer any future plans for RAH. Too me it is the number one trailer on the market today.P^

Sheila
08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
The grommets are for heavy wind conditions to tie out to stakes. Don't know about future plans to store on end, right now it is not available. Have to let Shelia answer any future plans for RAH. Too me it is the number one trailer on the market today.P^

A couple questions…

What are the grommets on tabs along the top seam of the side of the Standard RAH over the sleeping area for? I understand the zipper above the door for the tarp…

Does the RAH have the capability (if not now, future?) of being able to be elevated to stand up on the rear (with supports) as to store it against a wall to save floor space? (like Leesure lite and Kenyon trailers)

I think Ive pretty much narrowed down my bunkhouse replacement with the RAH… maybe next year?

pm sent on the upright storage

Sheila
08-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Our first custom painted Roll A Home! :)

lytle1gw
08-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Very nice paint job, ya all aare turning out high quaility products.P^

Sheila
08-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Very nice paint job, ya all aare turning out high quaility products.P^

Thank ya Gary. Was just excited coz this was the first order we have had that is not black or white! The guy that ordered this one has a Victory the same color.

troyboy1948
08-23-2012, 05:14 PM
I didn't know you did other colors. I guess its a good thing my Road King is black.

Jeff in Ferndale WA
08-23-2012, 10:10 PM
I didn't know you did other colors. I guess its a good thing my Road King is black.

And my Goldwing is whiteP^

Sheila
08-24-2012, 08:06 AM
They come in black or white but you can get the optional custom paint. Not many people do the custom paint but it is available. It was available from the previous owner of Roll A Home when we bought our camper.

eidolon
08-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Did you get yours custom painted?

lytle1gw
08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Camoflage would be a good color.:D

kdf9511
08-24-2012, 03:41 PM

For the stelth campers....:rolleyes:

Sheila
08-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Did you get yours custom painted?

We did not because Billy owns a paint and body service and his bike is black.

Sheila
08-24-2012, 05:51 PM

Camo would be cool and we have discussed it :)

HarpoF6
08-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Camo would be cool and we have discussed it :)

OD green might be easier? The Midwest special… Black and white cow patterns!

Sheila
08-24-2012, 06:43 PM
OD green might be easier? The Midwest special… Black and white cow patterns!

Thats it!!! new color scheme :D:D

Sheila
08-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Hey! Any of you going to be here?

We will be there as a vendor BUT we will also be there as campers so if you are in the area stop by and visit with us. :)

G wizz
08-25-2012, 07:40 AM
[QUOTE=Sheila;71882]Hey! Any of you going to this?

We will be there QUOTE]

Tell me Sheila, ... :confused: ... If you & Billy will be there, who's minding the shop?... or do you close while you're away?

Sheila
08-25-2012, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=Sheila;71882]Hey! Any of you going to this?

We will be there QUOTE]

Tell me Sheila, ... :confused: ... If you & Billy will be there, who's minding the shop?... or do you close while you're away?

Shop stays open. Have a couple guys there that will continue to build components. Make brackets, cooler racks, bend alum poles etc etc...
At some point in the near future we hope to get them trained enough to actually build campers and maybe we can go to a real camp out!!
That is the plan...:)

Sheila
09-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Setting up a Standard Roll A Home
http://youtu.be/M7qw8IyJH58

Taking a Standard Roll A Home down
http://youtu.be/tYoOoKWKbNY

Taking down a Widebed Roll A Home
http://youtu.be/LWHlc_KxT2s

Setting up a Widebed Roll A Home
http://youtu.be/zsd9gM46Tvk

eidolon
09-02-2012, 02:34 AM

Yay! New videos. Very well done.

Sheila
09-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Yay! New videos. Very well done.

Thank you!

steve047
09-02-2012, 04:41 PM
The new videos are great. How about a walk around video and a video of the insides of each camper?
I hope to see yours at the Davis Rally, I'm having bike trouble so I migh have to drive my Van

KevinL
09-02-2012, 05:21 PM

Taking down a Widebed Roll A Home
http://youtu.be/LWHlc_KxT2s

Setting up a Widebed Roll A Home
http://youtu.be/zsd9gM46Tvk

Ya know Sheila, after seeing those videos of how quick those things set up and take down, I would seriously consider taking a hard look at a Roll A Home IF I were ever to consider getting a different trailer. I'm really impressed at the great lengths you guys go through to make sure that everything is just 'so' - from every little velcro tab to every last zipper and fitting. Impressive P^.

Be Well!

Sheila
09-02-2012, 05:24 PM
The new videos are great. How about a walk around video and a video of the insides of each camper?
I hope to see yours at the Davis Rally, I'm having bike trouble so I migh have to drive my Van

We were just talking about that today. May can do that while we are in New Hampton Iowa. Hope to see you there!:)

Sheila
09-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Ya know Sheila, after seeing those videos of how quick those things set up and take down, I would seriously consider taking a hard look at a Roll A Home IF I were ever to consider getting a different trailer. I'm really impressed at the great lengths you guys go through to make sure that everything is just 'so' - from every little velcro tab to every last zipper and fitting. Impressive P^.

Be Well!

Thank you Kevin. Means alot! :)

troyboy1948
09-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Great videos Shelia!! Keep up the good work.

apopj
09-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Sheila, I'll second the comment on quality of video. Very exact and shows exactly what is need to erect or take down the camper with no frivolous "side bars". Appears to be a quality unit with plenty of room. Thanks so much....

Sheila
09-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Sheila, I'll second the comment on quality of video. Very exact and shows exactly what is need to erect or take down the camper with no frivolous "side bars". Appears to be a quality unit with plenty of room. Thanks so much....

Your welcome:)

Sheila
09-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Great videos Shelia!! Keep up the good work.

Thank ya Troy!:)

Sheila
09-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Any of you goin to the CMA Changing of Colors Rally?
We will be there and will have a cup of coffee for ya! :)
Stop by and visit with us whether you are in the market for a camper or not!

http://www.cmausa.org/events/#58

Jeff in Ferndale WA
10-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Okay, so after numerous attempts of trying to video how to set up an add a room, I decided to write down step by step on how to set up an add a room.
Hope this helps!

Sheila, Are you still working on a video for the Add a Room setup or did you give up on that idea?

Sheila
10-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Sheila, Are you still working on a video for the Add a Room setup or did you give up on that idea?

It is really hard to film but I havent gave up. I will work on it Jeff.:)

Sheila
10-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Rally season over now so have more time.

G wizz
10-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Rally season over now so have more time.

Time for what Sheila? .. Time to host a fall campout?? ... ;)

Sheila
10-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Time for what Sheila? .. Time to host a fall campout?? ... ;)

We are going to be camping at the Chickasaw National Recreation center in Sulfur Oklahoma here in a couple weeks! You and any of you are more than welcome to come!:)

mpdm21
10-26-2012, 06:54 PM
We are going to be camping at the Chickasaw National Recreation center in Sulfur Oklahoma here in a couple weeks! You and any of you are more than welcome to come!:)

Sheila let us know exactly when your going. We would love to join you guys. We have been at Blue River (NE of Tishomingo) the last two weekends but went along. Would be nice to be around others that enjoy moto camping.

Sheila
10-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Sheila let us know exactly when your going. We would love to join you guys. We have been at Blue River (NE of Tishomingo) the last two weekends but went along. Would be nice to be around others that enjoy moto camping.

I will do!!

kdf9511
10-26-2012, 08:43 PM

I would love to join you guys too if I'm free that weekend. I've been wanting to go down there.

mpdm21
10-26-2012, 09:27 PM
The Chickasaw Recreational area is very nice. I stayed there a week last year... was very disappointed that little nigra wasnt running though. The Chickasaw Cultural Center is awesome... learned alot about my heritage that I didnt know.

Sheila
10-26-2012, 09:54 PM
I would love to join you guys too if I'm free that weekend. I've been wanting to go down there.

Ill post the dates but we are planning on the week of the 10th...:)

Sheila
10-26-2012, 09:56 PM
The Chickasaw Recreational area is very nice. I stayed there a week last year... was very disappointed that little nigra wasnt running though. The Chickasaw Cultural Center is awesome... learned alot about my heritage that I didnt know.

We have been talking bout going to the cutural center.. Been seeing it advertised on tv.. Looks awesome :)

mpdm21
10-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Its is very nice. I have been twice...lol. The 10th would work good... and its my birthday to boot.. woo hoo.

Sheila
10-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Its is very nice. I have been twice...lol. The 10th would work good... and its my birthday to boot.. woo hoo.

Sounds like a plan!
We may even have a margarita for ya :)
Billy and I will more than likely head over on Thurs. We have another couple that will be joining us and a another friend from Frisco.

We will let yall know our spot when we get there. The group spots will accomodate up to 30 so dont think we need that big of a spot. We usually camp and Buckhorn and get spots with electricity.

Excited!!

mpdm21
10-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Sounds good. We will see if some of our friends will venture out also and join in the fun. Electric would be nice... just in case we need a little heater ... lol.

We will be looking forward to it.

Lloyd
10-30-2012, 12:30 AM
We were able to stop in Hobart this morning on our way home and visit Billy and Sheila to check out Roll-A-Home. We were mainly intrested in seeing if the standard bed model was wide enough for us, (we think that it is) we were really impressed with the quality, and fit and finish of the units. It will be hard to wait untill we have the money to order ours, it is going to be so much better than the tent, and with the quick set up, we won't be forced to motel it when on the road and just stopping for the night, when we don't want to take the time to set up and tear down the tent. Can't wait. Thanks Sheila and Billy.P^

Sheila
10-30-2012, 01:57 PM
It was a pleasure meeting the two of you and we are looking forward to having you two in the Roll A Home family!

troyboy1948
11-02-2012, 09:37 AM
The only "problem" we have had with our Roll-A-Home is the crowd that gathers anywhere we set it up. LOL. Seriously, I believe it's the best camper on the market. We love ours. Billie and Sheila rock.

Sheila
11-03-2012, 07:13 AM
The only "problem" we have had with our Roll-A-Home is the crowd that gathers anywhere we set it up. LOL. Seriously, I believe it's the best camper on the market. We love ours. Billie and Sheila rock.

Awww, thank you Troy!:)

lytle1gw
11-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Hey the truth never hurts.P^

Sheila
11-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Hey the truth never hurts.P^

:) Thank you !

Sheila
11-04-2012, 09:32 AM
end of year sale

all options 10% off and a free awning!!!

G wizz
11-04-2012, 10:52 AM
end of year sale

all options 10% off and a free awning!!!

Hey Sheila ... :hatw1:
Put me down for one of those "free awnings" ok? ... ;)

G

Hoot
11-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Sheila have you ever thought about putting your name on the front or side. You have it on the back but when it's opened at a campground is when it really draws the attention the info is hidden.

Sheila
11-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Sheila have you ever thought about putting your name on the front or side. You have it on the back but when it's opened at a campground is when it really draws the attention the info is hidden.

How cool would that be??? "Sheila" on the side!!! :D:D:D Just kidding:)

Actually that is a good idea! We recently talked to a guy in Alaska that may order a roll a home and he specifically asked us if we would put a bigger sticker on the side. He and some others are going to do 48 states in 2014 for the Big Brothers and Big Sisters organization. They are a great group and do wonderful things for kids in need. P^

Jeff in Ferndale WA
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
I like it when someone revives this thread.
It was started by IRHarry,who is no longer with us,and it gives me a chance to remember him.

snowclem
12-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I agree Jeff. I said the same thing a few pages and months ago. I made it a point to shake his hand at Rockies Gold 2010. Sure glad I did.

Richard

Jeff in Ferndale WA
12-05-2012, 06:52 PM
I agree Jeff. I said the same thing a few pages and months ago. I made it a point to shake his hand at Rockies Gold 2010. Sure glad I did.

Richard

I was able to cross paths with Harry several times. He was one of the good guys.

road runner
12-30-2012, 10:29 AM
New here so Hi everyone Like the RAH have been reading what everyone is saying I only have one concern well two and please don't get me wrong I am not knocking your product I have jackets that use Velcro I work at a Hospital I calibrate blood pressure gauges the cuffs use Velcro and after awhile the Velcro does not stick anymore it wears out your tent uses a lot of Velcro. I have ridden motorcycles for years but never pulled a trailer 325-340 lbs seems like a lot weight just asking isn't there a lot of gas stops.:confused:

lytle1gw
12-30-2012, 03:17 PM
New here so Hi everyone Like the RAH have been reading what everyone is saying I only have one concern well two and please don't get me wrong I am not knocking your product I have jackets that use Velcro I work at a Hospital I calibrate blood pressure gauges the cuffs use Velcro and after awhile the Velcro does not stick anymore it wears out your tent uses a lot of Velcro. I have ridden motorcycles for years but never pulled a trailer 325-340 lbs seems like a lot weight just asking isn't there a lot of gas stops.:confused:

My gas mileage only dropped by 3 mpg, not much for the comforts of the RAH.P^http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2938&thumb=1 ('http://www.motocampers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=2938')

Clamper
12-30-2012, 04:19 PM
So do you plan to set up and take down 7 days a week? Velcro will last quite a few years without failing, then you can replace it or have it replaced. So you should start to practice your cross stitch. :D

jjmoff
12-30-2012, 07:39 PM
People said velcro on pickup bed covers would fill with dirt and fail, I went ahead and got one. That's been about 7 years ago now, still no problem.

lytle1gw
12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Its all about how ya take care of stuff.P^

JacktheBagger
12-31-2012, 12:45 AM
It should be against the law for yawl to post up the videos :rolleyes:

now I want one , but dont need two

Jeff in Ferndale WA
12-31-2012, 09:39 AM

Mine weighs over 500# when loaded.
While I can tell it's back there, it's not a problem with my Goldwing.
It does increase my braking distance,so I like to keep it at 65 or below and watch my following distance.
I think I lose 3-4 miles per gallon.
I don't know what you ride,and it might affect your bike differently.

I think it will take a long time brfore the velcro wears out.

mailman01
01-21-2013, 05:06 PM

Looks like you spent a little time at Alley Springs....beautiful place.

mailman01
01-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Harpo,

Just returned from Millers Trailer Sales in Pennsylvania. Rented a Leesure Lite for an overnight trial. It was really outstanding.
I just sold my Bunkhouse. Reasons? Very difficult to put up by myself, even harder to get down and not pinch the screens or tent in the support bars. Didn't like the idea of the dressing area being on the ground, in the mud. Yes, we had the carpet and the tarp under it, but when it rains, the mud and water run over the carpet and then when you put it away, it is in the trailer. While the storage area is usually dry, you are folding up a wet tent into the same area as the mattress and I've talked to many users and no matter what the factory says, EVERYONE I talked to complained about wet mattresses. But, I think the major problem for me was how hard and time consuming for one person to put up and take down.

I had never used a leesure lite before. Patsy, co-owner of Millers, said "unlatch the top, and lift it all the way over." I did and withing 30 seconds, the tent portion was up. Oh, I did have to flip the skirting over, but it is cosmetic and took all of 10 seconds. Putting it away? The instruction are clear... "Just tuck everything in as best you can and close the lid. Don't pinch anything", that's it.And everything just tucks in, no pinching involved. It did take maybe 45 seconds to put it away. It towed perfectly, and the new ones come with 100% LED lighting.

But, you really can't put too much faith in what people say. Your needs are different. If you are in the area, contact Millers and rent one. Then decide. A little more expensive but so much more camper for the money. And easy means you will use it more.

Have fun, JeffP^

Sounds great, but what about storage? Any room or provisions for a small A/C?

kaitiff
01-22-2013, 09:01 AM
They do have a provision to mount an AC unit, kinda unique really. It mounts up on the front of the camper, over where the front pod or cooler would be. As for storage, it has a lot of inside storage area, like 30 cu ft, but it IS where the bed is. There's also a huge front storage pod option as well as a behind-the-wheels underneath aluminum cargo area that can be added. Most folks don't want to deal with cargo being on their bed, but using stackable containers or drawers actually makes a really nice little dresser and table on the floor when you set up.

troyboy1948
01-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Looks like you spent a little time at Alley Springs....beautiful place.

Yep. It's a beautiful area and centrally located to take day trips from. We set up there and then take in the area around from Arkansas to the Lake of the Ozarks without pulling the camper around with us.

Sheila
01-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Oops! I let the banner run out! Getting R Done! :o
Have a great day!

2JollyRogers
02-04-2013, 02:16 AM
I am really interested in your RAH campers. The look exceptionally well made and easy to set-up.
I have a few of questions about the wide-bed camper.

First, how is the interior access used? Do you lift up the bed mattress and then there is a hatch or does it slide open? How large is the access?

In some of the pictures on your web site I noticed that some of the wide-bed campers had support legs under the bed slide-out, however I did not see those supports used in any of the set-up videos. Are there any supports on the current models?

Lastly, where does the window AC flap install and how is the AC unit supported? Do you have any diagrams showing this? What size does this AC flap accommodate? Will the AC unit store in the under-bed storage area? What are the typical dimensions/BTU recommended for the AC unit?

How long does a typical order take to be filled? Do you have any rallies/events planned for this year?

And lastly, do you have or have you considered a type of on-line catalog showing pictures/details of the options/upgrades?

I know this is a lot of questions so feel free to reply via PM or email if need be.

AltusHarleyCampers
02-14-2013, 11:59 AM
We are very interested in your Roll A Homes. Going to order a trailer hitch, But I do have question Is the wire harness a 5 pin harness

Senior
02-18-2013, 09:51 AM
We are very interested in your Roll A Homes. Going to order a trailer hitch, But I do have question Is the wire harness a 5 pin harness

If you shoot Sheila a email at the roll a home web site she will answer you right away. They are great people to work with.:)

troyboy1948
02-18-2013, 11:10 AM

My Roll-A-Home has a 5 pin connector but if you work with Billie he can fix you up with whatever you need.

Hoot
02-18-2013, 04:57 PM
I am really interested in your RAH campers. The look exceptionally well made and easy to set-up.
I have a few of questions about the wide-bed camper.

First, how is the interior access used? Do you lift up the bed mattress and then there is a hatch or does it slide open? How large is the access?

In some of the pictures on your web site I noticed that some of the wide-bed campers had support legs under the bed slide-out, however I did not see those supports used in any of the set-up videos. Are there any supports on the current models?

Lastly, where does the window AC flap install and how is the AC unit supported? Do you have any diagrams showing this? What size does this AC flap accommodate? Will the AC unit store in the under-bed storage area? What are the typical dimensions/BTU recommended for the AC unit?

You lift up the hatch door with the mattress on it messes up the bedding a little but not much. The ac flap is on the front of the tents and is secured with Velcro best thing to sit ac on is a plastic milk crate this was suggested to me by Billie and Sheila and it works great plus the milk crate can be used a storage container while traveling. I always use the support legs on the pullout they attach in a couple of seconds.

AltusHarleyCampers
02-18-2013, 05:01 PM
My Roll-A-Home has a 5 pin connector but if you work with Billie he can fix you up with whatever you need.

Thanx I have found out that is the standard

Lloyd
02-19-2013, 11:57 AM

I stayed at a motel in Altus when I went up to pick up my RAH. Hobart is over the mountain from you, about 30 miles. Ride over and have a talk with Billy and Sheila they are great people and more than willing to show you what they have to offer, and answer all of your questions.

T&J
02-22-2013, 11:21 AM

Shelia, would you be so kind as to pm me with the same info? I'm down to two choices, the RAH or the Aspen. I leaning toward an Oklahoma ride. Upright storage would be wonderful, saving me monthly storage costs.

Thanks,

Theron

T&J
02-22-2013, 10:31 PM

I would be most interested in knowing the reply to the upright storage question. Please pm your response.

Thank you,

Sheila
03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Shelia, would you be so kind as to pm me with the same info? I'm down to two choices, the RAH or the Aspen. I leaning toward an Oklahoma ride. Upright storage would be wonderful, saving me monthly storage costs.

Thanks,

Theron

Hello!
I did not recieve a pm from you but Ill be glad to answer any questions you have. We do not offer the upright storage rack any more. It was originally made to fit the older roll a homes before LED lights. It did not appear to be very safe either. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!:)

Sheila
03-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I have a few of questions about the wide-bed camper. See answers below
There is a hatch and you lift it up. It also has a prop rod to prop it open. The access is approximately 3' x 5'

In some of the pictures on your web site I noticed that some of the wide-bed campers had support legs under the bed slide-out, however I did not see those supports used in any of the set-up videos. Are there any supports on the current models? All the widebed models come with the support rods for the slideout. The slides used to make the slideout are rated 300 to 500 lbs so most people dont feel the need for them. Your legs and feet is what is on the slideout so the majority of your weight is on the trailer.

The ac flap is installed in the opposite end of the tongue. The outside is a flap that velcros shut when not using the ac and the inside has a boot with a drawstring to tighten around the ac. We carry a plastic milk crate to sit our ac on. It is the perfect height and works real well for storing lanterns and things in. 5000 bu is the recommended size. This size unit will fit in the cargo area nicely.

How long does a typical order take to be filled? Do you have any rallies/events planned for this year? It takes 2 weeks to build a camper and that would be dependent on how many were ahead of you. We usually go to the Wing Ding, CMA changing of Colors and Davis Motorcyle rally in Iowa. Those are for sures.

And lastly, do you have or have you considered a type of on-line catalog showing pictures/details of the options/upgrades? I have not but that would be a good idea. I have considered linking pictures to the actual option page.

If I havent answered all your questions, please feel free to email us or give us a call!:) Thanks

I know this is a lot of questions so feel free to reply via PM or email if need be.

Thank you!

Sheila
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM

The standard wiring is 4 and 5 flat but we can use what ever you need. We have customers that like the 6 round.

lytle1gw
03-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Hey Shelia taking our RAH out for its first voyage this year, gonna run down to LBL but will be by myself Anita had gall bladder surgery and isn't recovered enough to be riding the bike yet.P^

Sheila
03-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Hey Shelia taking our RAH out for its first voyage this year, gonna run down to LBL but will be by myself Anita had gall bladder surgery and isn't recovered enough to be riding the bike yet.P^

Hey! Bet you are ready!:) We havent been out yet but maybe soon. Tell Anita to get well soon! Have fun and be safeP^

Slidderhd
04-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Sheila, how about a receiver on the rear to mount a rack to haul a cooler?

Slidderhd
04-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Does the camper come with a zip down plastic window between the screen and window cover?

Slidderhd
04-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Sheila, when will you post you guys schedule on your website?:D

Sheila
04-10-2013, 06:25 PM

There is really no good way to mount a reciever on the rear but you can mount a cooler rack and cooler on the tongue.

Sheila
04-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Does the camper come with a zip down plastic window between the screen and window cover?

Plastic on the windows is an option. Most people get the plastic on both of the end windows if they choose to get plastic.

Sheila
04-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Sheila, when will you post you guys schedule on your website?:D

I am working on it!
We will go to the Wing Ding, Changing of Colors rally and the Davis Motorcyle rally for sure.:)

Jeff in Ferndale WA
04-11-2013, 12:43 PM

seems like that would get in the way of setting up?

Jeff in Ferndale WA
04-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Plastic on the windows is an option. Most people get the plastic on both of the end windows if they choose to get plastic.

I don't think this was an option when we bought ours from Larry.Can the plastic be zipped in,or does it need to be sewn?

Sheila
04-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't think this was an option when we bought ours from Larry.Can the plastic be zipped in,or does it need to be sewn?

It is sewn in but it has a seperate zipper.:)

lytle1gw
05-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Well Shelia due to health problems and family problems looks like all my camping will be close to home at Hamilton county fish and wildlife state park, luck it is a great park and only 7 miles out. Will give the Rollahome a good workout there, and get some fishing in I hope. P^ Will pots some pics as year goes along.

Sheila
05-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Well Shelia due to health problems and family problems looks like all my camping will be close to home at Hamilton county fish and wildlife state park, luck it is a great park and only 7 miles out. Will give the Rollahome a good workout there, and get some fishing in I hope. P^ Will pots some pics as year goes along.

Hi Gary!
I bet you get to camp more than us! LOL!
Im sorry health and family keep you close to home but if family is near and your camping and fishing it cant be all bad!P^

We so look forward to the rally's that we can camp at. We really havent been on a trip since buying ourselves another job (Roll A Home) but we do get to enjoy hearing everybody elses trip reports and seeing their pictures.
Best part is when they come down to pick up their camper. We get to put a face to the emails.

Enjoy and congratulations on your new role in the forum:cool:

Sheila
05-13-2013, 07:54 AM
We will be going to the Wing Ding in SC in July!
Stop by and say hello! Love to meet some of you.

Marinakorp
05-13-2013, 09:10 AM
We will be going to the Wing Ding in SC in July!
Stop by and say hello! Love to meet some of you.

Looks Ike I'm going to see you there!

Sheila
05-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Looks Ike I'm going to see you there!

We will look forward to it!

Sheila
05-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning!
Just wanted to let everybody know we have A Roll A Home forum now if any of you care to join in on the fun! Not at all trying to take anyone away from this forum! I send lots of potential customers here because there is alot of information about all the campers!
Not to mention, lots of trip reviews and everything else camping related!
Come join us in making the RAH forum a success.
Have a great day:)

http://www.rollahome.com/forum/index

Fill
05-21-2013, 10:20 PM
I picked up a new RAH last year. THEY’RE GREAT! Mileage on the 2000 mile trip home went from 43 to 37.
I had a ’97 standard; the new one is better. More bed surface and it handles a lot better with bigger wheels.
Looks like you got the second door. Wise
Eventually all you out there may have a RAH; I would think about the A/C port to be used as a dog door.

Fill
’94 GL 1500 SE Extras: SIRUS Satellite Radio, SADDLEMAN Touring Luggage, Touring Flood lights, Multiple Deer Whistles.
Pulling an ’81 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)

Fill
05-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I've been putting the foam tubes you get for insulating pipes on the floor supports. I get 2 for about $2.20. I know they will not last that long but I have used them three nights camping and numerous times setting up to get comfortable with the procedure and they're still doing fine. :)

I was going to put those foam tubes along the slider for nthe wide bed model so that no damage is done to my little lady's backside while she puts on her riding boots. Anyone else have other ideas?

Fill
’94 GL 1500 SE Extras: SIRUS Satellite Radio, SADDLEMAN Touring Luggage, Touring Flood lights, Multiple Deer Whistles.
Pulling an ’81 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)

lytle1gw
05-23-2013, 12:15 PM
We carry a small foldup step stool so its easier for my short (oops height challenged) wife to get in bed. And we have a chair and table in the dressing area to sit and put on boots. Table sits next to head of bed for cpap and glasses, etc.

Sheila
06-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Any of you going to the Wing Ding, stop by and say hello!
Might be the only time we get to meet some of you! Havent been able to camp much at all between building trailers,body shop and farming. :)

DILLIGAF61
06-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Any of you going to the Wing Ding, stop by and say hello!
Might be the only time we get to meet some of you! Havent been able to camp much at all between building trailers,body shop and farming. :)
sounds like you need a little vacation come on up to the Northwoods Campout in Aug. !!!P^
Posted via Mobile Device

Sheila
06-21-2013, 08:17 PM
sounds like you need a little vacation come on up to the Northwoods Campout in Aug. !!!P^
Posted via Mobile Device

We do need a vacation :)

dan1551
06-21-2013, 08:23 PM
We do need a vacation :)

Gwizz will give you more
Ice Cream than you both can eat.......And if you have been following along here there are gifts ( kinda like on the PRICE IS RIGHT!)

Sheila
06-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Gwizz will give you more
Ice Cream than you both can eat.......And if you have been following along here there are gifts ( kinda like on the PRICE IS RIGHT!)

Sounds like alot of fun and Im working on Billy;)
Not a matter of wanting to come... Matter of pulling Billy away.