PDA

View Full Version : water hauler....

rathackman
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
A nice little tip from a friend that I would have never learned since I don't drink alcohol these days. He likes boxed wine...WTF?...mine was always a classier type from a screw top half gallon, but I digress....

He saves the inside bladder the wine came in and washes it out and has a slick water bladder that you can carry in a plastic Walmart bag or if you are living large, a nylon bag, etc. and carry water back to camp in it and have a cute little faucet for free....

I got my water bladder for free from a KOA campground dumpster and just had to take it out of the box and wash it out....

I don't know how long they will last but they are easy to find...esp. if you tipple....

As usual, YMMV....
Brian

kdf9511
04-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I thought about that since I like to have a glass of wine every now and again and out here the sin tax makes a 3 liter box the same price as a 750ml bottle. How hard is it to wash those out and get them to dry? I would worry about mildue and mold growing in them when not being used.

rathackman
04-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey Kerry,
They aren't really any different than any of the liquid bladder systems. You know, like camelback, platypus, kleen kanteen, nalgene...

You have to make sure you rinse it with a dilute bleach solution once in a while and leave it open to dry, etc. Lots of stuff on the web about it...just do a search on anything like water bladders for camping, etc.
Good luck,
Brian