PDA

View Full Version : Shore Lunch products?

oldmanriver1951
12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Found some prepackaged soup mixes, by a company called Shore Lunch, web at shorelunch.com...very flavorful powdered bases for numerous soups, all you add is water...occasionally a few other easily found items at road side stores...The only thing we need to do is to break the packages that feed 8 into 2 person bags. They are very expandable insofar as adding meat, other veggies, even rice if you happen to have baking capabilities for casseroles. One pot meals/soups, or easily expanded into full meals at the snap of a finger.....P^

quadancer
12-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Good stuff! Us monowheel or nontrailer campers really get limited in the food dept. not being able to carry a hundred lbs. of wet goods.
Online, or any particular store chain carry them?

SidecarMike
12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Their parent company,Southeastern Mills has some really good mixes as well. The local Hostess Bakery Outlet sells them for $1 to $2 each. My favorites are the Old Fashioned Peppered Gravy with Sausage Flavor Mix, and the Country Biscuit Mix. http://www.semills.com/gravy-mixes.aspx I always have a couple packages of gravy mix in the camper. I prefer scratch bisquits, but usually have at least on package of that too, in case I get lazy.
The ones I've tried make just enough for two people, but I have to confess I sometimes use milk instead of water.
You can order off of their website, but the shipping adds up fast.

ImRubicon
12-05-2011, 09:27 PM
cabelas and amazon have them , I bought a large can of freeze dried Chicken Alfredo from Sams and its not bad at all , as a test I feed the family the other night and they didnt know it was freeze dried but the kiddo said it wasn't bad but the chicken needed more flavor
Im thinking a cube of chicken flavor and I froze the rest that was not used yet and they have a couple of months shelf life in freezer and 25 years in cool dark place LOL
I like the chili mac one

badger
12-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Shore Lunch soups are great! I highly recommend them.
Each packet makes a lot of soup though, so find some hungry friends to share with :)

Indianscout
12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I've seen there breaded mixes for frying fish in one of our local stores but never really paid much attention to it. Next time I'm in there I'll have to see what else they have as this could be real handy to have along. Good find Oldman!

quadancer
12-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Shore Lunch soups are great! I highly recommend them.
Each packet makes a lot of soup though, so find some hungry friends to share with :)

Everything that says it's a "meal for two" leaves me looking for "thirds". :p
Bulk is a big problem for us because of my 4-5000 calorie diet.
Nuts help. Peeenummmbudder. Dried fruit.

lytle1gw
12-06-2011, 10:32 PM
MRE's are nice but not cheap, but then I always liked the C rations.:D

kdf9511
12-06-2011, 10:47 PM

I like MRE's and try to justify the price as being about the same as a dang combo meal at McD's.

BeemMeUp
12-07-2011, 12:07 AM

I bet you ate the "C's" after heating them with a little chunk of C4 . . .
We used to trade the c-rations for inflights with the Air Force guys. I wish I still had a P-38 can opener. My last one gave out a few years back.

G wizz
12-07-2011, 01:17 AM
I wish I still had a P-38 can opener. My last one gave out a few years back.

Maybe if you're a good little boy, Santa will bring ya one for Christmas ... :rolleyes:

BeemMeUp
12-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Maybe if you're a good little boy, Santa will bring ya one for Christmas ... :rolleyes:

Utoh, I'm not holding my breath. :snow1:

Ironheadziggy76
12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I wish I still had a P-38 can opener. My last one gave out a few years back.

I've still got my old P-38 I was issued many moons ago. I've since upgraded to the slightly larger handled P-51. P^

Amazon's got em cheap.

Amazon.com: GI Large P-51 Can Opener: Sports & Outdoors

BeemMeUp
12-07-2011, 12:59 PM
I've still got my old P-38 I was issued many moons ago. I've since upgraded to the slightly larger handled P-51. P^

Amazon's got em cheap.

Amazon.com: GI Large P-51 Can Opener: Sports & Outdoors (http://www.amazon.com/GI-Large-P-51-Can-Opener/dp/B00176IMW4)

Thanks for the headsup on the opener. I checked out the link and I'm sure I will have one nest time I want to xip open a can. They pack so much smaller than what I am using now.

:run1:

lytle1gw
12-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Yep I bought a box of them from an army/navy store and now can't find any after all the scouts have comandered them for their backpacks.

ImRubicon
12-08-2011, 10:14 AM
I bet you ate the "C's" after heating them with a little chunk of C4 . . .
We used to trade the c-rations for inflights with the Air Force guys. I wish I still had a P-38 can opener. My last one gave out a few years back.

Amazon's got em cheap.

Amazon.com: GI Large P-51 Can Opener: Sports & Outdoors (http://www.amazon.com/GI-Large-P-51-Can-Opener/dp/B00176IMW4)

Army navy store .50 cents and I have one in my truck and in the camper . I also like the larger P51s

SidecarMike
12-08-2011, 08:23 PM
For those of you in the neighborhood, I saw MegaFoods has Shorelunch Soup mixes for $2 each until 12/15. Regular $4.39

lytle1gw
12-09-2011, 12:40 AM

Yep I use to trade c's to the Air America guys for all kinds of stuff, which most I had to leave there.

kdf9511
12-09-2011, 01:06 AM
I keep a p-38 on my bike keys along with one in each of the cars. Handy little things to have around.