PDA

View Full Version : Weightless Protein

quadancer
11-28-2010, 05:58 PM
As a powerlifter, I have to take in as much protein a day as I can stand, but meats are heavy, so I do what I can. One trick I came up with after the disgust of Ramen noodle nonnutrition was using egg noodles. They're made from egg whites, but taste like pasta, cook like Ramen and have 6 grams protein per cup, plus some vitamins.
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/quadancer/10Progress/435Squat007.jpg

kayakinbiker
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Geesh ... With those kinda muscles, you wouldn't even need a bike jack to change a tire ... :eek: .. P^

HAHA!! That's a good 1 George! I should keep him around...he can pick up my bike if I drop him...

quadancer
11-29-2010, 08:43 AM
It's just more places to feel pain in.

kayakinbiker
01-26-2011, 03:40 PM
As a powerlifter, I have to take in as much protein a day as I can stand, but meats are heavy, so I do what I can. One trick I came up with after the disgust of Ramen noodle nonnutrition was using egg noodles. They're made from egg whites, but taste like pasta, cook like Ramen and have 6 grams protein per cup, plus some vitamins.

Check out tvp..textured vegetable protein and use instead of ground meat in spaghetti sauce...don't tell anybody and they would never know...

quadancer
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Don't some folks make burgers outta that?

kayakinbiker
01-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Don't some folks make burgers outta that?

Maybe although they might need to use superglue!! HAHA!!! Hmmm.. I should bring some with me on the trip this summer....

kayakinbiker
01-26-2011, 08:25 PM
For heavens sake WHY ??? ... :eek: Oh ... almost forgot .. you're bringing along your pooch ...

Oh no, I was thinking about making some chili with TVP and NOT ground beef...shhhh!!!

kayakinbiker
01-27-2011, 06:17 AM
You feed your dog chili? ... Little harsh for her insides isn't it? .. :confused:
Seems like dog chow would be better for her ... and cheaper ... :rolleyes:

For me and some unsuspecting other person travelling with me....shh. don't say anything!

SidecarMike
01-27-2011, 07:42 AM
:( I'll stick to beef. I firmly believe that if we weren't supposed to eat cows, they would not have been created so tasty.

Mike
(who is preparing a prime rib for myself and Mrs. Sidecar tonight.)

Yogi
05-02-2011, 09:58 AM
:( I'll stick to beef. I firmly believe that if we weren't supposed to eat cows, they would not have been created so tasty.

Mike
(who is preparing a prime rib for myself and Mrs. Sidecar tonight.)

Or as I read somewhere else, " Salad is not food, Salad is what FOOD EATS!" :D

510ebl
05-02-2011, 10:44 AM

That looks like nearly a quarter ton of steel you have there...about the same as the dry weight of my DL650.

*Impressed*

Do you recall the actual weight?

quadancer
05-02-2011, 01:14 PM
HAHAAAA!!! That's great!
All in all, I find that meat is heavy, and the original point was that if you're taking noodles along anyway, why not noodles made of protein? You can always doctor it up.
Also, you have to consider that I'm trying to deep an extra 30-40 lbs. of muscle, so protein is paramount.

Indianscout
05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Why not combined the two for a tasty meat and noodle dish? You can spice it up a little if you like for a change but it is quick and easy to make when your on the road.

quadancer
05-02-2011, 09:10 PM
The idea was to supply proteins without need the weight and bulk of meat. I go for 3 day weekends sometimes NOT near any stores.

That looks like nearly a quarter ton of steel you have there...about the same as the dry weight of my DL650.

*Impressed*

Do you recall the actual weight?

Actually, it's 445. I had just made a good deep 435 PR and was trying to get another, but it took me down to the safeties. It would be a rare event to do a max then add ten lbs. and make it again.
Now the degenerative arthritis has a facet disc inflamed (for 6 months now) and I had to stop powerlifting and go back to just maintenance on machines.
Getting old sux. Except for the camping part. :)

Roadhound
05-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I found an interesting item at Trader Joe's you might be interested in. Yellow Fin Tuna in Green Curry Sauce and Yellowfin Tuna in Red Panang Curry Sauce. It's packaged in a foil boiling bag, to prepare you just drop it in boiling water for a few minutes. It does come packaged in a box which you can discard for easier packing. It's quick to prepare and is very good over rice or noodles. I like it over Asian Buckwheat noodles. Each 7 oz package contains 26 grams of protein. I carry a few packages with me for when I find a good campsite and there are no stores around. It's very tasty, easy to prepare, and the best part it's $1.49 per package.

There is a store located on Roswell Road in Marietta. Shouldn't be too far from you.

quadancer
05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
WOOF! That's a good deal for 27g protein!