PDA

View Full Version : ft.supply c/g ft. supply ok

thatdude
08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
i guess you could say this c/g is in the panhandle region of ok. and for some one travelling across the state, its in a good location to stop for the night. what i'm trying to say is, it's not a destination c/g but a on your way there kinda c/g. nonetheless, its a c/g with all you'll need for a relaxing visit. theres a good view, real good showers,convenient to restaurants and stores and being a corps of engineers c/g its well maintained. theres just not much to see (least i don't know of) in the area. so i built me a fire, cooked some dogs and kicked back. camped here sept 2009

kayakinbiker
08-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Reminds me of Algonac state c/g along the St.Clair river between Mich and Canada...right along the river and flat. not many trees unless you use the other mor einland c/g but then you would not be on the water...BTW I would put anybody on my passenger seat but my dog anyway so those possible escapees would not make it there!HAHA!!................

Mr. Guy
08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Ft. Supply is just a little east of the east end of the Oklahoma panhandle. And no, there's not much in the way of site seeing near it. The fishing's not to bad though. There are a few building left from the frountier fort days at the fort.

Guy

Roadhound
06-02-2016, 05:01 PM
I camped here in April 2015. Fort Supply is a dried up little town on Hwy 412, 13 miles Northwest of Woodward, OK. As best I could tell the only things open in Fort Supply were the Post Office, a small store/gas station and the Prison. The campground is located a couple of miles south of town. This place has a Large campground with many campsites located on the west side of the lake, camping is available right on the shoreline and also across the road in the woods. The restrooms and showers are good as expected in a COE park. I camped right on the lake with my tent about 8 feet from the waters edge. It's a nice place to camp for a night or 2.