PDA

View Full Version : Roman Nose State Park

Mr. Guy
04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi All,

Just a quick review, I didn't stay overnight, but did a quick look over. It's been a long time since I stayed at this park, but I noticed many improvements since then. They have built new bathrooms and campsites recently. This park is about 6.5 miles north of Watonga Ok. off of SH8 and not far from SH3, which is how I like to get to Colorado. Being off the highway, it's a quiet park and not having a large lake, not as busy as many other parks in Oklahoma. Tent camping is $8.00 or $15.00 if you get electric. Not a bad place if passing through, but maybe not for staying to long.

http://www.touroklahoma.com/detail.asp?id=1%2B5U%2B5430

Thanks, Guy

Tx White Knight
04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Gosh I have not thought about Roman Nose in years, last time I was there was about 1968
:tent4:

Mr. Guy
02-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Just found out about this and thought I'd pass it on.

Roman Nose Renovation
The demolition of the south wing of Roman Nose Lodge began on January 5, 2009. Roman Nose Lodge and restaurant will be closed through Spring. Cabins, the golf course and other areas of the park remain open, and lodging check-in will be located at Fairway Cottage, located across from the park office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Park is located at State Highway 8-A, eight miles north of Watonga.
Demolition is expected to take 30 to 45 days, weather permitting. After demolition, the Lodge with unaffected rooms, food service and amenities reopens to the public. Construction on a new entry way will be ongoing for the next 150 days.

But it only affects the lodge, so campground is still open.

Guy

kdf9511
07-01-2012, 07:20 PM
An update to Guy's reveiw. I stayed there over the weekend and right now would not recomend it. The campground itself is very nice especally in the non electric tent sections where I stayed. Rates have gone up a little. I paid $12 for a non electric site. Lots of shade and good places to pitch a tent. However the facilities there are terrible. The bathroom/shower house in the area I camped in was unusable. Toilets were backed up with solid waste all over the stall and the whole building stank. I went down to the one by the RV full hookup section and it wasn't really much better. The sinks were filthy and I didn't even think about looking in the stalls. All I wanted to do was change my clothes and brush my teeth witch I ended up doing outside.

kayakinbiker
07-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Are there any trees with leaves on them?...

kdf9511
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Yes....The trees had leaves this time of year.